Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pickpocketing bugs after 427 patch

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Relentless, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: The bug with being able to pickpocket non-pvp flagged players has been fixed, but between two PVP flagged people there are several bugs still.

1. Moving or running away during the pickpocket progress bar does not interrupt the skill
    2. Selecting the player that is doing the pickpocketing with the new "shift-click" does "catch" them and they get the stun debuff, but the pickpocketing is still always successful.
    3. Having the player that is doing the pickpocketing pre-selected with "shift-click" will automatically catch them when they try to use the skill and apply the debuff, but pickpocketing is still successful.
    4. Casting an attack spell on the player pickpocketing during the progress bar also does not catch them, but every once in a while it will interrupt the pickpocketing spell which I assume is the standard percentage of one spell interrupting the casting of another.
    5. Being caught pickpocketing while invisible does not reveal the thief, they stay hidden to victim and even if they get "caught", they do not get the stun debuff.
    6. Being invisible seems to not apply the stun debuff when being caught.
    7. The stun debuff when caught you can jump out of as well. This is even easier when invisible first it seems.

Basically you can almost never stop the thief from successfully pickpocketing you. Running away, attacking (basically), or selecting the player does not interrupt pickpocketing and no matter what I did (except the random interrupt of the spell from me casting attack spells) the pickpock was successful. I would look at the relationships between the Invisibility skills and pickpocketing.

Steps to Reproduce: 2 pvp flagged people, tested every scenario.
    User Specs:

margaritte and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bugs submitted, thank you for reporting!

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Wondering if these are indeed bugs. Perhaps the pickpocket skill and defense thereof is not fleshed out. Lot to do, Lot to do.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.