Pirates and Pirate Ships

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boris Mondragon, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Good afternoon all. I am aware that ships will not be able to sail until episode two. Hope they can also battle then and want to find out if there are:

1) Any current pirates in the Novian realm other than myself.

2) Anyone who has placed a Pirate Galleon on a water lot.

3) Anyone interested in forming pirate alliances for future interaction.

@Devs, any information on future NPC ships i.e. Bandit/Elven/Obsidian ships that could be attacked and relieved of their excess cargo *grins*.

Fair Winds and Following Seas to all. R/Boris/El Pirata

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Nikko, Ronni, Sqrink and 9 others like this.
  2. Ronni

Ronni Avatar

Hi Boris,

1) I am not sure if if play a realpirate in the future, rather something like a buccaneer, hunting ships of enemies of my City or Lord.

2) Yes, I have a Pirate Galeon on a water lot in Drachenfels (Drachvald Region)

3) Yes, I am interested on such an alliance on the long-term but I am also member or our German speaking guild Drachenfels and want to stay there. So if there is this option to join this alliance in parallel, I am there.

Fair winds to you as well,

Ronni Lodbrok

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thank you for your reply Ronni. I would add you to my friends list as I would like to see a Pirate Galleon other than the one they have in Hometown. I plan to have my own Pirate Galleon in the water in a few months myself which I plan to dock in Serenite. I am testing the waters for interest towards Episode 2 at the moment and hope others will be interested in this endeavor as well. My idea is not only for PVE against NPC ships which I hope they add but also future PVP against other seagoing player ships. The Black Sails will rise. R/Boris/El Pirata

4. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Sailing and hopefully attacking at sea are features I'm looking forward to the most
    I only have a longboat tho but I'll gladly join in some CQB ^^

Playing as a viking trying to adapt to the new world but I can definitely see me joining up with a bunch of hardened pirates; )

Nikko and Boris Mondragon like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My favorite ship is the Baron Frigate. I think it's the one that looks the most like a real ship. If they would put flip-up shutters on the windows then they would look like gun ports from the outside and that would be awesome!

Nikko and Boris Mondragon like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Small note that that isn't the developers but rather an interestingly named forum user. So...

Rada Torment likes this.
  7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Spoon; Thank you for your observation. I am well aware that this is not a Developer forum and very few have access to them. Yet It was in one of these forums that Darkstarr himself confirmed that ships would be mobile in Episode 2 when I asked @Devs directly on that post. With that said, they could very well read these forums and give us insight as to what type of NPC ships they have planned in Episode 2 and beyond as well as their intent. R/Boris/El Pirata

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Lord Halvard, I would be honored for you to load your longboat aboard my ship, be part of the crew and use it for boarding another ship if they allow that.

Lord Barugon, I would also be honored to have your frigate be part of the fleet I hope we can assemble.

Thank you Gentlemen for your inputs. R/Boris/El Pirata

Nikko and LastChance like this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think that I wasn't as clear as intended. You used the tag >@devs< that is not used by the devs but an individual forum account. Thus every time you say something >@devs< that is not doing what you want it to do.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?members/devs.139780/

10. Ronni

Ronni Avatar

Thanks Boris and feel free to visit me in Drachenfels on my Pirate`s Galleon. Before we reach Episode 2 and ships can hopefully move, I will use the Property Manager for Role Play. The Pirate`s Galleon leaves sometimes and as I have also a Baron Frigate, this Ship will sometimes drop anchor in Drachenfels while hunting pirates.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Boris Mondragon likes this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I am looking forward to deep seas fishing off them ;)

12. Humanexperiment

Humanexperiment Avatar

HI Pirates!! now i have to Pirate Galeon Town size! placed in Luna Town!!!

Nikko, Ronni and Boris Mondragon like this.
  13. mass

mass Avatar

You know, I think ship battle encounters would actually work pretty well with the tech in this game, as long as people were willing to accept 'siege style' encounters. Like a party could be on a ship in the overworld, see an enemy ship the same way you see other overworld encounters, and if you make contact, you load one of several seabattle instances to defeat the NPCs (or other players on a ship) with both character fighting and manned armaments.

Nikko, Ronni and Boris Mondragon like this.
  14. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I’ve been binge watching all the Funimation dubs and by the time I get to the last one Episode 2 should hit SoTA, so I’ll be ready for it!

[​IMG]

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The best was Attack on Titan.

Vallin Tregres likes this.
  16. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Was refering to the dubs of One Piece. With over 500 dubbed episodes I'm not even half finished yet. I remember the old 4kids dubbed show and how terrible it was, but these Funimation voice actors and lack of cuts make this version pretty amazing. I don't get much humor in Anime as it's generally a niche thing that relies on past tropes rather than actual comedy (like how slapstick is the norm in Tom and Jerry), but I LoL pretty damn often in One Piece due mainly to how much emotion the voice actors bring to their roles.

"Rubber band of doom!"

Barugon likes this.
  17. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Aye, laddy. Aye.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ah, I thought you were just talking about Funamation shows in general.

19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thanks to all of you for the interest in an old thread which I think will be prevalent again soon once we get past launch. Sea encounters could be the start with both single player ship or multiple player ships vs obsidian navel forces/stronghold. Just got to give it a bit of time for it to happen. Gather yer ships and yer crews as those black flags will wave proudly in the Novian seas. R/Boris/El Pirata

Ronni likes this.
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

@Boris Mondragon the pirates of Momento Mori have occupied longfall to ready thier claim on the bottleneck to the bay of storms.

And the town of Tortuga is a pirate town located at spindrift bay near blood bay

Those are two communities i can think of off the top of my head

Rada Torment and Ronni like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.