Place anywhere lot deed restock - in crown merchants is questionable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

A limit on number per account will not work for the whales. I am not a whale but have several accounts and each has a lot and house. I would suggest a two step process. Limit deeds to maybe 3 and make them non-tradeable. This would also prevent sales of new deeds. The time limit on lot placement for both taxed and tax free would resolve the issue if a user quits because after a time their lot would return to their bank and someone else could claim the lot.

As an additional note I would like to purpose that the Moon Magic skill add teleport to all of a characters lots (3 is the limit). Maybe part of the Night Step skill since it is the highest point in the Vanish Tree.

Spoon likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Some of us don't have the time to read every message in every thread, could you please link to or at least summarize whatever you are talking about?

Here, I've spent five minutes and done the work for everyone else who doesn't read the Announcements section ten times a day:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/place-anywhere-lot-deeds-restock.110740/

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The point is that selling more deeds is a good thing for the game.
    Limiting it too much would be bad as well.
    We need to find some kind of resonable balance.

Paladin Michael, majoria70 and Bayard like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think you underestimate the dedication of RMT. They would be all over this. It will be a lot easier to bot on the overworld and in peaceful areas!

Eventually the number of players that do that will outnumber the number of PA lots. It just won't scale, "end game" quest or otherwise. I also don't like the idea that the taxable PA Town deed I got at persistence for real money to Port, and haven't placed because the economy is such that I can't afford taxes for it (yet), could be crowded out by people who just did a quest.

One thing I realized neither of you mentioned was the size of the deed from the quest. I'm sure if it was row-only, someone would eventually whine that it's still too limiting to be stuck in a row lot, the poor newbs!, or at least at some point the rows would end up all taken to the point of crowding out pledge deeds.

I guess I think that Port should think a bit more on the situation with PA deeds being directly bought by COTOs, because they're going to go to who has the coin and is there at the right moment. (I'm sure people in Australia would love it if "the moment" was 3AM Sydney time!) Putting them back in the raffle should be okay for now; I'm sure they have the numbers to show how many PA deeds are placed in POTs. But for how long? Will people eventually start swapping them out when POT deeds become more common?

Bayard likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Just a dumb idea I just thought of, but what if instead of raffle tickets for lot deeds being bought with gold, what if raffle tickets were drops? And still bound to the player, of course.
    - you would have to be playing to qualify, can't get it on a storage alt that doesn't play, can't use an alt to increase your chances
    - Port still controls how many deeds are given out each month
    - down side: the dance party people wouldn't be out there getting drops
    - down side: the people who can play all day would have a bigger chance ("time whales"? "rise-ers"?)
    How often should they appear? Maybe once a week for an average player? I certainly wouldn't want to see them only on high-level stuff, they need to go to new players too. And some consideration is needed for what happens when they drop in a party, how does that work with loot lotting, etc.?

If there are limits on who can receive a ticket drop (un-landed player, etc.), how does that work with a party? (maybe they should be to the looting player only, like quest items from skinning a boss)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    mass likes this.
  6. mass

mass Avatar

Idea is ok, but this term is FANTASTIC!

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Wizards Rest always keeps most lots claimable by anyone. I think it's important people don't have to hassle about claiming. Some towns are not available because they are guild towns or want to discuss first town theme etc. Perhaps we need a list of towns allowing anyone to just claim and others stating reasons for discussing first.

Paladin Michael, Barugon and Elwyn like this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This is a good idea. Please add Dara Brae in the Hidden Vale (boat from the overland map at Kingsport) has open lots available for anyone to claim to that list.

Paladin Michael and majoria70 like this.
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think its a non issue. NPC Towns are not prime locations IMO. If you are a Market vendor you will want to be in one of the big POT markets over that of NPC town. Novia Market for example does more sales than that of Owls head that I am sure. They are have better prices then that of Owls head. The only benefit to being in a NPC town is some of the extra NPC's like trainers and the odd seed vendor. The rest is just a look. There are many POT that look just as nice a NPC towns, and there are some that well need help to put it lightly lol.

I have 2 PA deeds, founder and benefactor and they are all in POT right where I want them. I never think twice about moving them.

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Owl's Head also has a horrible location, traffic-wise. I knew it was going to go downhill as far back as R20.

Fister Magee likes this.
  11. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Lazarus Long likes this.
  12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

If you can only buy one /account people will just make more accounts to buy them.

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Like I suggested, if it really needs to be limited, do a per month purchase limit per account; that way its limited in the same exact way the raffle is.

I'm not sure it needs to be, though, I don't understand the big fuss over cash vs. COTO purchases, and think its good that deeds get in the economy even if its through resellers.

You're also going to get big guilds purchasing them, so they can count on members to help out.

14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Lots of people with 20 , 30 accounts .

Elwyn and Spinok like this.
  15. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

This is a prime example of why I sold everything and don't play any more. Scope creep. During KS the thought was the land would be very limited, and thereby have some sort of intrinsic value. That began to be eroded with the taxable and PoT deeds, and even moreso with this change. Good luck with land rush v3.0! When will v4.0 hit the market? :rolleyes:

Weins201 and Sir Frank like this.
  16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Holy oracle money each day!

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oracle money, telethon rewards, raffle tickets, I guess? With the hope to resell the accounts later if it comes to that.

Seems like an awful lot of work, though.

18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

thread slipping of the rails, it is just about the selling of these deeds for in game resources.

The # of accounts is a viable reason but no need to pile on that issue.

19. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

This is really good to see! There is now an in-game path to obtain home ownership in a PRT.
    It is a little round-about, but one could save gold, buy COTOs off of a player vendor, and purchase a Place Anywhere Deed off of the COTO vendor. So the path is there.

So now we will go into launch with lots of housing opportunities in both POTs and PRTs. :)

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think if people are gonna buy them all to try and flip them, then make them available periodically here and there. That way if 100 lots are made available and somone buys 20 to resell. If they decide to resell too high, or sit on them so noone can have them, or quit, then wveryone knows another round will be comming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.