Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Plague in Ardoris

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Does this include player NPC? If so, the offline game should allow for more "game" NPC to make Adoris more lively?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

and why couldn't the NPCs that were removed have been moved outside of the city to be discovered along our travels. There are very few NPCs wandering around, they are all bunched together in cities. We need quests and content to extend outside of cities for reasons to explore for one thing. @Lum the Mad . This may be something I don't understand the reasoning on but just curious. ;)

Salix and twofoldsilence like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The plague would have been a great plot device for having few NPCs in such a big city. Now it seems somewhat illogical. NPCs walking around with masks, coughing, somewhere a great pyre where corpses are burnt. Houses locked with notices that the plague had ravaged here. NPCs crying for having lost dear ones... This would have been atmospheric. It would also have opened up great possibilites for quests. What caused the plague? Who or what is behind it? Maybe some evil force now uses the situation to try an invasion of the city. But ok, we won't have that. Maybe players don't want to own houses in a plague-ridden city...

But the NPCs in the city should be placed in a more interesting way. Not all in one place but have some of them at the entrance and from then on in a good distance to each other so that it stays interesting to explore the city. Just wandering around through empty streets over an empty bridge with nothing happening and no one there is boring and makes me want to leave the place.

The entry of a scene is the first impression we get. If this impression is boring why should I explore it?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    majoria70, Salix, smack and 1 other person like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's it.
    [​IMG]

I am out of here.

[​IMG]

5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

As a friend of Adventure Games and Quests I really understand the critic in this thread.

After having the information, why it was done:
    Please, give a chance to do the quest and performance work until September.

From this point it should be more easy to integrate interesting NPC's in places telling about the new entered place and giving hints...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Sir Cabirus likes this.
  6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I asked the same thing yesterday morning. A valid question methinks

7. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

Isnt Ardoris the city where there is a quest to find a killer? What if the story changed to him killing more adults?

You can get 3 different entrances to Ardoris (4 if you count the sewers) depending where on the map you decide to enter.

Solazur likes this.
  8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Will people who have never been to Ardoris b4 miss the bridge people?

9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Yes. But coming from a different direction leads me to the river. Just by trying everything and maybe clicking on the boat by chance, I get across. Great!

The problem is: We enter a scene and there is NOTHING there at the entrances. How exciting is that?

10. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

There is often an construction sign.

11. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Dark moon is in a dark mood.

12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Playing this game darkens my mood as there is so much wrong with it... For me right now it just isn't fun at all and it is hard for me to imagine that suddenly the fun will be there in the next few months :(

Salix and Sir Cabirus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.