1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Plain Roving Encounter - Show the limits of the map

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Warius, Oct 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warius

Warius Avatar

When farming roving encounter, half of the time I get out of Plain Encounters by mistake because of my high movement speed and the fact one can't see the limit of the scene on the map.

Other roving encounter scenes don't have this issue since the limits are easier to understand, but for plains I really find it difficult to spot them with accuracy.

Could something be done on the map?

Thanks!

Leucian, Time Lord, FrostII and 5 others like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I can do when I get the chance. Issue #69770

Time Lord, FrostII, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  3. FarmerJack

FarmerJack Avatar

The way I have been handling this problem is to travel from resource to resource, mostly from harvestable tree to tree.
    I know that they are within the boundary, as are the "random" bandits or whatever, thus I keep my avatar inside.

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  4. grendal1971

grendal1971 Avatar

I second this if it's an easy fix. I have found myself accidently zoning out several times running from baddies or taming, usually a quick backflip saves the day.

5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

While you are looking into this can you consider shrinking the roaming area for dragons in these scenes? Not dramatically, but dragons have a tendency to land right on the edge of the scene where when you stand next to them to fight them you can actually see the novia warning. Combine that with their gust skill and I have been pushed out of scene many a time. If shrinking the roam area would make them leash whenever near the edge than we are better off how it is now, but if not then it would be great to be gusted out less often.

FarmerJack, FBohler and Eveara like this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'll look into that, too. Thanks for the suggestion.

FarmerJack and FBohler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.