Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Plantbeds under balcony or windowshutters won't work anymore

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Dusty deWindt, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty deWindt

Dusty deWindt Avatar

As soon as there is something hanging over a plantbed, like a (part of a) balcony or even windowshutters, it is no longer possible to interact with it.

Rentier likes this.
  2. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I had a similar issue with a small corner of a large planting bed underneath a turret overhang on the roof out my house. Only a small sliver of the planting bed frame was under the turret, no plants were underneath, yet it still disabled the entire planting bed.

Devs should modify this behavior to exclude the frame from their computations and only worry about areas ACTUALLY above the plants. In fact they should compute the height above each individual plant and disable them as needed rather than disabling the entire plant bed. Since they were doing this to avoid stacking beds, nothing else should impact plants in the drastic way everyone has been affected. No Dev can convince me that they just cannot know what is above a plant, since if this were the case then placing specific items on pedestals to activate doors, portals and other items would also be impossible... and we already have things like that in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.