Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Plastic sword, sound and MISS MISS MISS

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Evokation, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evokation

Evokation Avatar

Greetings, I'm Evo,

Yes i'm the lovable warrior living in (?) quite frankly no idea what's the name of the world we live on. So right to the point, my melee warrior seem to be missing more then usual and it sounds like plastic sword hitting a brick wall. All I see is a wall of MISS MISS MISS.....quite MISS-merizing to be honest.

Any idea? Are warriors not a thing? Like everyone needs to have a ring of fire to be viable? hehe. You guys get my super witty drift here. Hit me up ! :)

Bum and Illveran like this.
  2. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

The new sound itself is awful. To me it sounds like a 30 year old IBM Selectric Typewriter.

moko and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Pulsar

Pulsar Avatar

Right, the new sound now is horrible. As said above ... it sounds as a Remington 35 Typewriter ! (and not the gun :p)

Moreover, I've a huge issue, the swords sound is 250% higher all the other sounds ...
    And even if I turn off the sound in the overall settings (thus no sound on), I still only have swords sounds at something like 110 dB ! I would say exactly the same pb the older one I will call "the crates syndrom" sound or smthing like that (that has alrdy been corrected).
    (nb: I still have the same sound issue while opening graves, as crates before).

Am i the only one with this issue ?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Are you fighting the same stuff that you did not miss prior to today's release ?

5. Mac G

Mac G Avatar

Yeah, the first thing I noticed about R35 is that my sword sounded like an old typewriter, and that satisfying "thunk" sound on my crits was gone. I hate it. Devs, please put the sword sounds back the way they were.

moko and Stahlknecht like this.
  6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yeah I agree.. how did this sound ever make it past ANYONE? :) Hitting anything with my mace sounds really bad. Old typewriter noises!!!

MacGaellen and moko like this.
  7. Evokation

Evokation Avatar

Greetings fellow adventurers! So after hearing this broken plastic sword for 24 hours I got inspired.
    Here are my personal three sound compilation I made myself for the sword sound bit.

I hope you enjoyed it!

I'm still a bit concern about the viability of my melee player, perhaps i'm not giving it a better chance? When I woke up from R35 I felt Like Frodo....well.....a bit differently. Like this?

brhanson2 and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.