Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Play-through Commentary - Free Attack is back! Offhand Attack, Weather, Distract, Stealth, etc.

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Crazy Phil, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

During my play session this evening, I decided to post my thoughts! :D

Free Attack - Holy crap!! Somebody fixed the "sticky-feeling" issue!! Feels wonderful again!! Thank you!! #killautoattack #teamfreeattack

Wolf AI & Sounds - When wolves are low health, they get just out of your reach and then stare at you. If you try to get close, they run just out of your reach again. I would absolutely love it if they would growl or whimper rather than just stare at me.

Harvesting - Oh look! I can harvest one-handed! I'm a bad-ass! This is obviously a bug. I'll check if this has been reported or is a known issue after I'm done here.

Harvesting in general feels rock-solid though. Ship it!

Offhand Attack - I have one locked and the rest in my random slots. This way there is almost always one ready. Trying to figure out the best way to get the most bang out of it. If only I could bind my locked Offhand Attack to Right Mouse to match my Main-hand Attack on Left Mouse.

**Bug** Teleport Scroll to Lot - Huh... doesn't seem to be working. I'm in Single Player Online mode... in East Longfall Wetland... I'm bound in Aerie at my house... scroll won't fire off... I have 10 of them...

I seem to crash every time I leave Aerie... but nowhere else. Maybe it's just Aerie.

Weather - Rain just picked up in Aerie... it's beautiful. The sound is so soothing and enjoyable. Hmm.. it's winter though... does it ever snow in Aerie? Did we get to seasonal snow yet?

Hmm... with all this rain... some puddles are desired... little puddles. That would be perfect.

Distract - We need some sort of effect and sound. A pebble throw and *click click*. Something.

Camouflage & Vanish vs. Silent Movement & Shadow Form - What is the point of Camouflage and Vanish?... what do they accomplish besides being a hurdle to get the skill you want?

Can we make these more useful? How about WoW's Rogue "Vanish"? Basically an escape button for use during combat. You automatically enter stealth, but it gives you a brief moment of super-stealth so enemies don't know where you went, giving you a chance to get away. That would probably make them more worthy of the tier 3 slot than the other glyphs.

or should stealth be a two-step process like in Ultima Online? First you must Camouflage... then in order to move... you need to cast Silent Movement? This may be fine as long as Camouflage and Vanish let you stay in stealth for good as long as you don't move (or someone reveals you with a spell or something).

Deck Building clutter - Jeez I have a lot of Glyphs to sort through. Perhaps some toggles for which schools you would and would not like to see? Kinda like the gear on the Chat tab has for which info we would like to see? That would be handy.

Feels great though!! I love this game. :cool:

Leelu, Chris and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its an excellent defense agaisnt melee attack bnecause in doubles up on your parry strength and increases your parry chances. I used it in R27 and had the fir44st 2 hotbar slots assignjed for offhand attack, so they would draw offhand, and sicne it triggers no global cooldown at all, you can spam as many as you want all together then follow up with a powerful thrust or double slash. Always worked brilliantly. Pluss Parry defense!

I've been wondering about/bnarkign about this for a whiel myself. seems rather redundant. I dont know what "50% stealth" means, but camoflauge and silent movment both have very high "stealth". Vanish and shadowform have comparatively very low "stealth" but can stack with the other two to increase total stealth. What does this do? noone knows >.<

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Puddles that reflect the sky and splash when you jump in them, yes?

Leelu and Beaumaris like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

You cannot recall to lot using the scroll - this took me awhile to figure out. You need to hit "U" on the keyboard to pull up your lot which you can then teleport to. (I think this is current, with final-wipe approaching I've not been bothering with a primary lot really).

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.