Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Player crafted loot is working!

Discussion in 'Release 53 QA Feedback Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Just wanted to note that I did acquire a player made weapon from a supply bundle (yellow).

Here is my chat log for that bundle:
    [4/19/2018 3:25:00 PM] [3:25 PM] Item (Supply Bundle (Yellow)) removed from inventory.
    [4/19/2018 3:25:00 PM] [3:25 PM] You received: Piece of Carmelized Onion Quiche.
    [4/19/2018 3:25:00 PM] [3:25 PM] You received: Poison Potion.
    [4/19/2018 3:25:00 PM] [3:25 PM] You received: Repair Kit - Blacksmithing.
    [4/19/2018 3:25:00 PM] [3:25 PM] You received: Potion of Focus, Greater.
    [4/19/2018 3:25:00 PM] [3:25 PM] You received: Bronze Longsword +4.

And here is the player made item that was in the bag:

[​IMG]

That said, even though it is cool that this feature is in game and working... as I suspected the item I received was not really usable by me. Since the durability is 0/0 it's basically just a vendor item for me.

Now, the question is... will this item keep getting put back into the loot tables or will it just get destroyed?

2. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

...you found a sword with 0/0 durability? surely that must be a bug

econner likes this.
  3. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I wonder if the durability was 0/0 when it was sold or if that is a bug. Has anyone seen an item with durability intact?

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I saw this, and all I can say is, "I wish socketing bows gave cool effects like that." Exhibit A in why archery isn't as good as other combat types. :(

Chatele, Athanil and Rentier like this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

This actually reminds me of an old argument I made years ago against never allowing items to truly break. Though in this case I think it's more likely the 0/0 is a bug. No one is going to go out of their way to force durability down to absolute zero.

To sum up my case I was saying if the item found had low durability it'd be useless, but if durability were reset while in the loot tables people would essentially get free long lasting items and never have to purchase them. You would basically just recycle items through the loot system to 'fix' them. Granted that doesn't work on a small scale but on a large scale like we're talking the game would eventually be saturated with high level crafted gear.

Of course, I made that case as part of a larger argument and long before salvage was in. Now we have salvage so if you find a low durability item that already has major repairs on it you could just scrap it and remove it from the system that way. I'd still like to see breakage through use though. Something with a 0/0 durability would've snapped a long before reaching that point.

6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I have never really understood the hype about selling crafted items to npc merchants and then the items going to the loot table. Although I think its an awesome feature!.
    Then again who sells his cool/good stats crafted items to a merchant??

Or do I understand this algo incorrectly? Please correct me or advice me on this subject.

7. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

That's a bug, that was sold at full durability. That's awesome! I sold a bunch of stuff just for fun. I probably will sell my cast offs that I'm not going to sell to players, to vendors anyways.

8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Will player crafted loot appear in offline?

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There was talk of seeding offline loot tables with gear crafted online.. but I think that was on the assumption that it would be in before launch. On the other hand they could still do that through a patch so I don't really see why not.

Chatele likes this.
  10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Why not salvage them?

11. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Would be great, if heavily repaired player crafted + item, after being refined for scraps, yielded some resources that were used in masterworking and enchanting process, gold and silver ingots especially, but I guess I am a dreamer. :cool: Wait a second, is R53 out yet, or this is from test server? And yes, it would be great, if offline loot tables were seeded with these items, or at least with your own crafted weapons and armors (either in offline or online) THAT BROKE.

12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I was thinking that getting items with 0/0 durability with this new feature might be intended and not a bug.

Imagine if you looted something with really nice stats, but no durability. Might you be tempted to use a COTO to "bring it back to life"? I likely wouldn't, but there may be many out there that would. Therefore, this would be a way to increase the use and sale of COTO's.

I'm really hoping it is just a bug, but we won't know until we report it... which I'm going to do right now! :D

Alley Oop and econner like this.
  13. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Yeah that would most definitely promote COTOS, both in game and in $$$ shop.

14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

...and would also be very lame. so there's that.

Here's hoping its a bug.

Chatele and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  15. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Since you will be playing offline game, you won't have an issue with money. Considering drastically increased drop rates for everything, as well as price adjustments (I hope they didn't forget to adjust that) starting the 26th, you'll be pretty rich to buy as many COTOS as you want - in the offline game ;).

16. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I also have an online character. And this would affect a lot more people than just little ol' me.

As in, like, everyone who plays online.

Chatele and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  17. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

You know what's wrong with this picture of yours, is that a two handed sword only deals like 40% more dmg than a longsword. Two handed weapons supposed to hit slower but deal in range of 100% - 150% more dmg... That is in a normal game... *sigh*

Chatele likes this.
  18. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Yeah, but you know how the devs need to keep promoting COTO, since it's their bread and butter... ;).

19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Can't say I agree with the suggested damage range. When it comes to weapon damage, pretty much ALL games get it wrong.. Realistically in the right conditions anyone could be "one shot" with a rusty knife.. never mind a two handed sword.

Ultimately, what it comes down to is.. is it entertaining. It's not a question of "well everyone else does it"

20. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Well, talking about Raw dmg here, with appropriate STR and Accuracy, considering the weight and momentum, two-hander is much deadlier than the regular sword. Longsword is bigger than a regular sword and can be used as a two-hander in some cases, so the dmg is usually bigger. But the tegular swords don't have the same momentum and weight to inflict similar dmg per swing. Of course it's all about skill and blah blah, and any weapon can be deadly in the skilled hand..., but if you talk average skill and a raw dmg, two handed weapon thanks to its weight has potential to inflict a lot more dmg, thats why 150%.

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.