1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATED: Player Deco Contest! GO!!!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well this should be interesting. I might be tempted to partake if I ever managed to finish decorating more than just a single basement in all this time. :)

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  2. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I'm going to giveaway 100k igg to one player who cannot afford the entry fee and has some interest on this contest for decoration and housing.

Only 2 rules;

- You must be new or casual player with little time to play.
    - Passionate about housing and decoration.

To participate send me a pm with your ingame character name and the name of your guild (if you have any). The winner will be announced in 48h aprox.

Please share this if you have new players in your communities/guilds :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  3. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

So I am in one of those timezones which means that the stream is on a times where I can't watch it so I will send it through in-game mail.

Silly question though; Who do I send it to in-game?

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Atos ^^

5. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

I just did a survey of what's been placed down. I'd say that .. maybe .. four homes could have been magic moved. None of which would be at a stage where I'd call them "winner" condition for a contest like this. All of them could have been decorated by a very zealous player overnight.

Just wanted to turn any "people are cheating" flag off for the discussion; Portalarium can do the rest. :)

BTW, if you don't want people snooping on your masterpieces, I suggest locking the doors. Mine will be locked only for the first few days while I decide if I'm artistically moving in the right direction...

Sincerely,

Engineer

6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Isn't locking the doors completely against the point since the aim is to have it shown "being built" on stream? I suppose it doesn't make much difference since Atos could just walk through the door....

Sonja and Datendrache like this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

The Crafted part of the contest is a bit unfair on some builds. Some things CANNOT be crafted. We cant make trees and such. So this should be a percentage of crafted items IMO

majoria70 and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

As Chris mentioned on his stream, that was hi spoint. While they want you to build a house, they are also using the crafted only contest to see what things shold be available for crafting. Things like trees and plants are are two things that fall in this category. No doubt there is more.

On the other hand, everyone who wants to build for this category are handcuffed in the same way. It's going to require a bit more imagination to meet the standard laid out by them.

Hemswal The Descended and Sonja like this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

Heh well crafted, collected, or purchased with gold items. I doubt trees will ever be "craftable", though maybe growable. Apple trees and such is what we have right now.

Sonja likes this.
  10. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Don't see why there couldn't be a grow-able tree added at some point - even if it was deco only and didn't give wood (though they did with cotton why not wood)

Sonja likes this.
  11. oplek

oplek Avatar

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

They need to give us ground level planters, though. Even for the current stuff we've got, people want to use growable plants decoratively and the raised platforms aren't good for that.

I dont think it should be harvestable wood, but there are a lot of other possibilities, since trees have nuts, berries, flowers, leaves even ;D

Sonja, Synergy Blaize, Chirp and 2 others like this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Crafted lights are broken. Now would be a great time to fix them. Only a couple of them (wall torches for instance) cast shadows.

It's why you see so many non-crafted lights in our Crafted Only display areas in the Factorium.

Sonja and Jaesun like this.
  14. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

@Chris,
    just to clarify:

What about items we received

• with our pledge ( -> money)
    • while bug hunting on QA (-> no money)
    • from bundle items, bought for ingame gold from other players? (For example: Shogun house, Lights...).
      -->I assume they also count as Crown Items (-> money)
    I would have to do my whole deco work of a few hours inside the house again, because of the house itself, if it is against the rule.
    Understandable, just want to be sure about that ;)

What about using heraldry?
    Only money for 1 voucher to get it ingame, but items and heraldry itself created/crafted by ourselves ...

Thank you for further information :)

Sonja likes this.
  15. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

How long does it usually take to get a lot allocated?

I mailed my 100k to Atos a couple of days ago, tried whispering him in game yesterday and the day before but got no response.
    With no way to see outgoing mail I have no idea if he got it, if I've been allocated a spot etc.

Might also be a good idea to have a town crier in the scene somewhere near the entrance so you can find your lot assuming its been allocated.

16. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

You could mail him in game and ask him for the coordinates if he already set the lot to reserved for you. Or message @Chris here in the forums. He's usually streaming on Twitch for a couple hours during the day as well.
    There is a Town Crier but not at the default entrance (maybe Chris will change the entrance point). You can click the street sign and click Center to be taken to the crier and bank and few other NPC vendors.

Sonja likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Avatar

You can claim any open lots. There are quite a number of them. Good luck!

Sonja likes this.
  18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No, Nick, I don't believe this is so, and if it is, I firmly believe it is unintentional.
    @Chris needs to receive the entry fee, reserve the lot in the Avatar's name, and record that information in his contest documentation.

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[​IMG]

This is probably why they are confused. Reserved lots on the map (which I believe all the lots here are) show up as "Empty Lots".

Sonja likes this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

For those that don't know, if you look on the Town Crier listing and a lot is reserved for you specifically, it will say 'Available' rather than 'Reserved'.

Then you can click Set Destination for the location to appear on your compass.

Sonja and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.