Player Dungeon Spider Rooms (Testing Feedback)

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Ravalox, Feb 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Please use this thread to leave comments, feedback or bugs seen when following the testing directive HERE

Thanks for testing!!!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I'll do some real testing later and post more but wanted to post a couple things right away.

1) When I checked someone's spawned dungeon room a couple days ago (but after 1295 came out) the spiders didn't move and my pet would not enter the room, so hopefully for the next release the nav mesh issues will be fixed.

2) I just tried going to hilt to kill spiders but was not able to get through the doorway from the entryway into the rotunda. There are some missing textures on the doorway (probably not related) and I can't walk into the next room. Hopefully this will also be working for the next patch.

edit: ok I got through the door- I lured a kobold to see if he could get through, he seemed stuck for a second but then came through and after I killed him I could go through the doorway too. odd

another edit: figure out the doorway issue- there is a door there that is closed at first, but it is invisible so I can see through it. if I double click on it I can open it and go through the doorway. No blueprints from the spiders so far, but i assume it is a pretty low drop rate so will probably take multiple people looking for them

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Ravalox and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

• Tested the conversion to/from spawn, no-spawn, pristine and they all work.
    • The pristine room is missing the expansion blue X on all the connectors. Additional rooms cannot be added
    • Spider Totem does not appear in the Totem category on the smelting table

Ravalox and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I created a spider room for my dungeon with a level 3 totem. Cleared it a couple of times, no blueprint drops yet. You mentioned the spider eggs in your post. There are spiders there but the eggs do not pop. Not sure if they are suppose to or not.

I see that you added an additional spider boss in the egg room. Since higher tier spiders seem to have no additional loot, I wonder if there is ever going to be a reason to go into this room except for the first time to check it out. Possible ways to entice a player to go there:
    • Create a connector to this room. Allowing us to add additional rooms would enable us to create a dungeon that requires the player to transit the egg room.
    • Allow the floor to accept a container so we can leave loot as part of a player written quest. (This room needs dead body public containers in it)
    • Increase the amount of essence dropped in this room.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I've made a few attempts to obtain blueprints in The Hilt and have not had any success. Can I get a verification on what is suppose to drop the spider room blueprint because it's not making much sense to me.

Most of the spiders in the spider room are low level brown spiders and large brown spiders, neither of which yield any essence. It seems unreasonable that these will drop a blueprint.

Currently the blueprints from the Hilt (Rotunda and Deco Spider Room) only drop in the crypt off the Lich boss and the two skeleton bosses. It may take days to obtain a blueprint from these mobs so I want to make sure I'm testing correctly. Are weak brown spiders suppose to drop such valuable loot?

Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

BTW If anyone would care to help test, I've setup all three spider rooms in a dungeon in Harvest. The spawning room it a level 3 totem so it's manageable. The lot is labeled Spider Room Test Dungeon. It is a well dungeon entrance near the cemetery on a village lot.

7. Ravalox

Thanks for for great job of finding issues!!!

1. I see the Navmesh is missing, (It is on a bunch of dungeon rooms actually). I talked with Chris yesterday about my needing a primer on how to set them up for dungeon rooms. I may not be able to get that fixed by release, but I will see what I can do.

2. Good find! Actually this is related to the missing textures, so this one should not make it's way onto live (It's part of those issues the fast build process used on QA that causes all that "Pepto Pink". What's happening here is that the texture is missing for the hinges (our old friend the Pepto Pink there), and the doors are children of the hinges, so they aren't getting drawn because the game engine sees the error on the hinges and aborts the process of rendering the doors.

8. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

UPDATE: I've spent most of Sunday night in The Hilt (well over 4 hours) trying to obtain blueprints and recipes. So far, no luck. I've cleared the spider room and the crypt a dozen times (full spawn each time) and I have received no blueprints or recipes from spiders. I did get three rotunda conversion recipes from the archmage in the crypt (one Rotunda to spawns and two Rotunda remove spawns) but that's it, nothing spider room related. I popped all the spider eggs and killed brown spiders, large brown spiders, ferocious wolf spiders, and black arachnids. I also looted all the containers. Still wondering why a blueprint would ever drop as loot from something with only 180 hit points?

BTW for all the spiders I killed I got a total of 18 spider essence. It's impossible to get more than 3 essence from a single spawn in the Hilt. Spider essence is not a 100% drop even on the ferocious wolf spiders and doesn't drop on any of the brown spiders that constitute the majority of the spawn. Ironically the spider room is one of the worst places to farm spider essence.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There might possibly be some confusion as to WHICH map these drops were adjusted in? The Hilt Fortress scene has 2 different Maps:
    People are not posting which specific map they are actually in . No idea how loot drops are set up in this game, but I did want to possibly point that out, if this helps any.

Owsley likes this.
  10. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I have been killing spiders in the default/ non-quest version. I would certainly hope that would be the map the blueprints were added to if they were not added to both versions. Still no blueprints from them so far. Might be nice to know what the drop rate is supposed to be but I'm sure it is low so unfortunately NOT getting them doesn't confirm anything. But hopefully Ravalox can do a query to see how many of the appropriate mob have been killed on QA since the loot tables were adjusted and compare that to the drop rate.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

This thought cross my mind too. I’ve been in the regular scene. I doubt that anyone on the lens quest is in QA testing.

As far as drop rate, historically, the recipes have a higher drop rate. Not getting any spider room recipes in 4 hours indicates to me something is wrong somewhere.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Admittedly, it's good to be testing whether or not things are dropping. But, in the past, haven't they put things like this in a chest in Fishing Expedition so people could actually get them to test?

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Anpu and Owsley like this.
  14. Ravalox

Thank you all for your input so far!

I have to let you all know I had a bit of a failure here with my Unity box and had to reimport (re-download) the entire project, and I am still trying to get the DB to sync correctly. This means I lost a few days, but I will be addressing all of the issues here as soon as I can get things working reliably again.

When did this happen, you ask? oh, well... apparently Just before I submitted the Spider rooms for R97. My editor showed that deco surfaces were present everywhere for the Debris Deco version of the spider Room, even though when I tested it said there were none. Chris and I worked on this last Saturday and found that my sync of the project did not match what was actually in the depot and build. So with that said, I managed to fixed a few things, but then found that my local issue also impacted navmesh files! I decided it was more important to reconcile my box than try to move forward with what may be way out of date files.

This has impacted how much I have gotten done this month, I will continue to work on cleaning up the dungeons through R99 deployment, the rest of lockdown and into the next Sprint to R100!

Thank you all for your patience and support!

Wilfred, Owsley, Lord Stein and 3 others like this.
  15. Gwendolyn Obscuro

1296 feedback (not sure what was or wasn't supposed to change in this patch)

I was able to craft the deco version of the room with a blueprint I already had and convert it to each of the other types of rooms with ancient essences.

I was able to place deco in both of the deco rooms. Prior to this patch I could not deco the regular deco room but I could place items in the pristine room.

The spiders in the spawning room are still stuck in place and pets will not enter the room, so the nav mesh has not been resolved.

I still have not looted any recipes or blueprints from the spiders, though I have not killed all that many in this new patch.

16. Ravalox

Update: I submitted a fix for the Pristine Spider room; should now have the correct connection indicators. (I will be doing a second pass on the connection indicators later, as I think they are too low in some cases)
    This fix should be on QA with the next patch.

The Loot Tables are still an issue. (Blueprint drops) I am meeting with Wizardsmoke to sort through why Loot Tables break whenever they are touched.

Anpu likes this.
  17. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I just checked the spawning spider room. Spiders are now swarming and pets can enter. Looking good.

I also checked the ballroom and the Ravensmoor crypt room. The ballroom is also fixed (pets can enter and the old fashion camera now works there, thanks) But the Ravensmoor room still will not allow pets.

Anpu likes this.
  18. Ravalox

Awesome! ok, making a note to check why ...

Owsley likes this.
  19. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

Just tested again (build 03/26/22), Ravensmoor room still will not allow pets.

20. Ravalox

I tried rebuilding the Navmesh. still the same. I'm escalating this to Tier4. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.