Player Experience: 2019 + “Endgame”

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by BloodyEpidemic, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodyEpidemic

BloodyEpidemic Avatar

I started SotA a few months back and have mostly enjoyed it. I blasted through the main quests and bear the shroud. Now what? What/where is the current “endgame” content (sans GMing skills, crafting, questing, etc.)? As in, what’s the hot thing to do?

To tie the body to the head: I’m having a helluva hard time finding concise info that isn’t from 2018 - earlier. The 2019 - recent posts are about content adds/mods, not exactly an “Oh, you finished the main line and are AL 70+? Now you can x, y, and z.” Parsing through posts en masse and hoping the info is correct/still relevant is frustrating.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Have you received all the Virtue Banners? A few of them are a challenge ...

3. BloodyEpidemic

BloodyEpidemic Avatar

I have two of three. No idea when/where I got them.

Overall, it would be nice to have an updated list (as of most recent release) such as:

1) Best way to make money
    2) Best way to get xp
    3) Best armor and weapons
    4) Popular high tier areas (and why)
    5) Best non-main quests (best could be loot, xp, fun, etc.)
    6) How tf can one acquire a new title

I’m sure I could think of more. I’m having fun with the game, but I go to do x because I read it was a good idea. Then talk to someone in game and they say “That’s not a big thing anymore.”

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1) Highly luck dependent, but decent places to get a constant stream of money if you can solo these zones are The Rise's mage room & Upper Tears (solo). Otherwise bosses who have rare drops can get you lucky drops for nice look once again (torcdawls handles, taming artifacts, etc)

2) Tartarus zombies, Upper Tears, Mysterious Swamp and control points with a group, these are the zones I managed to get 2m experience in less than 45 minutes since the new attenuation limit.

3) I would say to look at top vendors, such as Elrond, and look at their priciest gear. When Elrond Mark's something at 1m, there is a reason, it is TOP TIER.

4) look at answers 1 and 2, they answer themselves.

5) Apart from the different banners, I have no clue, I dont quest.

6) I dunno, all mine are paid titles I think.

Rinaldi and BloodyEpidemic like this.
  5. BloodyEpidemic

BloodyEpidemic Avatar

Great info, thank you!

Is there a way to pay for a title now?

Also, is there a boss list/location guide? I’ve yet to find one.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

X
    The rewards program for 9$ a month gives you a new title every 3 month (no need to be consecutive)

As for boss locations, I dont know if there is a list honestly, for me it has mostly been explore zone, find boss, remember boss. Such as Torcdawl, who is hidden on the small island off the shore of Ravensmoor

Jaesun and BloodyEpidemic like this.
  7. BloodyEpidemic

BloodyEpidemic Avatar

Ah, I did see the rewards thing. Didn’t see the titles with it.

What are your top 3-5 fave zones (aside from the aforementioned)?

Again, thanks for the info.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For me, I love Savrenoc Stronghold for animals + Reapers, Ulfheim for a mix of everything, and Crags Foothills for high level elves, weaker than the rise. Those are my favorite ones

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

10. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

There are at least eight.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

There are twelve.

Rinaldi and Bedawyn like this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The eight virtues, three principles, and ethos.

Rinaldi and Jaesun like this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ethos? Hmm, gotta look into that, sounds hot.

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think. The virtues are derived from the principles, and the principles combined are "ethos". I think it's the one you get from the Lost Vale quest.

Rinaldi, Jaesun and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  15. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi @BloodyEpidemic

Here are some additional things to do in-game.
    1. Side quests - @Lady Kathleen has a nice website that summarizes all the side quests, such as the quests for banners, the virtue armor, tin foil hat, earthenware pot, and many other special items. There are a ton of side quests...
    2. Collect all the emotes
    3. Puzzles - as suggested by @Paladin Michael above, if you like solving puzzles, this post is a list of zones that contain puzzles (and if you want spoilers/hints, you can click on the zone and it will take you to the post with spoilers).
    4. Easter Eggs - here is a list of Easter eggs with links to more spoilers. Some people like to hunt for them on their own, while others like to just go check them out. If you just wanna check them out, then this list may be for you.
    5. Seasonal bosses - these are only present a few months out of the year. They include Krampus, death bunny, pumpkin head, Envy angel, atavists, and aether creatures. Right now the Aether creatures are in season. Each seasonal creature is present for about 2-3 months out of the year (except aether creatures, which only arrive when the comet comes close to novia).
    6. Year round Bosses - I am not sure what adventure level you are, but there is a range from low level bosses to very high level bosses. Some of the bosses include:
      1. phoenix - in Wynton's Folly (on hidden vale)
      2. daemons - in solania catacombs & in the mines of northwest blackblade mountains.
      3. dragons - present in many locations including the rise, krul, the fall (PVP), blood bay (PVP), south grunvald barrens, northwest blackblade mountains, etc.
      4. lich bosses - rare spawn in deep ravenswood, always spawn in the ruins of ravensmoor, and always spawn in owls head sewers.
      5. ghost corpian - in Wyrmsands (on hidden vale)
      6. skeleton boss - in Tartarus
      7. trolls - present in many zones; some of the higher level trolls are in Ruined keep, Ravensmoor, and Lost vale.
      8. boss spider - in the mines of Spectral Peaks.
      9. cabalists - these show up in most sieges after you kill all the siege engineers & they are also in the Lost vale.
      10. Obsidian destroyer bear - sometimes spawns in twins foot hills.
      11. Unicorns - sometimes spawn in overworld stag encounters.
      12. More boss creatures were added in the new Despair dungeon.
    7. Community events -these include dance parties, role playing, in-game theatrical plays, fishing contests, swap meets, social gathering, etc. Some are one-time events, others are recurring events (weekly or monthly). Avatar's Circle has an evens calendar. Also, see the Community Events section of these forums.
    8. Player created quests - these are often very creative and fun. A recent example is the Stone Dragon Quest by @Lily Byrd. These are typically posted in the forums, but you can also find them by reading in-game bulletin boards and posted notes in player run towns. Check the Community Events section of these forums to find more player run quests.

Also, check out the Useful Link List, which has links to help your find almost anything, including things to do :)

16. BloodyEpidemic

BloodyEpidemic Avatar

Now this is what I’m talking about! Thanks so much to you and everyone else for the solid info.

17. BloodyEpidemic

BloodyEpidemic Avatar

Off-topic, but everyone has been so helpful I figured I’ll just ask:

Where does one find a Fleet Flute? Ideally, not to purchase (I’m poor). Is it found or craftable?

Also, swords vs. hammers. I went dual wield blades (also working on shield to tank, but is still quite low). My guildmate told me hammers are the best due to STR + Earth boosts, as well as stun. Blades seem to hit multiples mobs. Thoughts? Should I switch? Mind you I’m a decent swordsman so overall just curious.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For the fleet flute, it is an artifact, so lucky drop/supply bundles.

As for the weapon, go with what you want, sure Hammers can get a higher strength boost, but blades can get a strong bleed and an execute skill. All of this is up to personal taste IMO, as if you play something because it is "stronger" you might enjoy it less thus play less, I know, been there.

Rinaldi, BloodyEpidemic and Jaesun like this.
  19. BloodyEpidemic

BloodyEpidemic Avatar

Well that’s good to know. Guess I’ll have to grind out some dough for the flute. I’m really trying to just get my move speed up beyond Dash and Beserk.

Good to hear blades are viable. I’ve been using Rend for DoT, Thrust (good focus : damage), and Coup to finish off. Also using Offhand when Thrust is on cool down. Threw in some HArmor skills as well. Bodyslam is great for stun and damages well. Then I have my defensive glyphs when I get swamped.

Is it worth GMing blades first or getting specialization first? I’ve been going for my specials (plan for blades and tactics).

20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

General rule of thumb is to get the first passive (the 1st one on top) to Gm+, and then have the rest trailing by about 20 levels. For your Spec, I dont recommend going past 80 unless you already have 130+ levels invested in your first passive and are GM+ in the others. I'll try to Link you Sara's Blades guide, he has invested so much experience in his Blades, he knows how things work big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.