Player Gathering - GenCon Indy 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Violation Clauth, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Hey guys,

I've been hesitant to post this hoping @Sir Stile Teckel would beat me to it but I know he's fairly busy. He asked me to take point this year on GenCon over in Indy for the player gathering. I've attended the last two years and I plan on attending every year. It's simply a player gathering where people who are nearby or attending GenCon come to hang out for a meal and say hi to each other. If you haven't come before it's a great way to meet some of your fellow SotA players.

I plan on giving away a trinket, as he has done for the last two years, to anyone who attends. I announced this once before but no one has RSVP'd and I need RSVP for restaurant reservations AND to make the trinkets. If we get to more than 10 people I'll need a PayPal prepayment to hold the resturaunt (their policy, not mine) as they force me to put money down for reservations over 10 during GenCon. I've called 3 restaurants and they all vary between 8-10 before they start requiring prepayment. Last year we had 8, the year prior it was 20ish.

Details of the gathering:
    When:
    Saturday August 6, 2016 @ 18:00
    Where: I've made reservations already for P.F. Chang's for 10 people. Circle Centre Mall, 49 W Maryland St, Indianapolis, IN 46204

2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Will there be any PVP at this gathering?

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes. @Violation and I will re-enact his awesome walk from the fort to the ship after drinking serpent venom to kill me. ;)

Royou and Violation Clauth like this.
  4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

That was so epic ^.^ Oh, what a great memory. I wonder if I had a huge grin or a huge #$^! eatin' grin when I was walking to you HAHA!

Royou and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Is Tae Mecil going to attend or is it just you and your better half? :D

6. stile

stile Avatar

7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Looks like we expect to have ~8 there so far... if you plan on attending please let me know soon as PF Chang can't handle parties over 14 without splitting them... if we need to find a different venue I need to know soon because everything books up around the con. Cheers!

8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Also, if you're going to the con as well there's an interactive map of the exhibit hall now... this didn't seem to work well for me last year but this year it's working flawlessly. Now I can plan my routes more efficiently! :D

http://www.gencon.com/exhibit_hall_map

9. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

You could call the Ram but pretty sure that will be booked up. Most of the downtown Indy locations will be booked up. You could always meet up at Circle Center Mall in the food court. LOL. Or you could possibly book a smaller banquet/conference room in one of the hotels and just have food/drink delivered. Check Lucas Oil Stadium ...i think they have conference rooms too

Violation Clauth likes this.
  10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

There are still options, but I need to know if it's even necessary to move. Just making sure people know that last minute stuff makes it harder on the event planning! :D

11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

As a reminder... pre-registered attendees will get a trinket. I made up the Ankhs for the 4 SotA players that said they would be there but we have 8 people coming as is ... please be sure you let me know if you plan on being there so I can move locations (if possible) to a larger venue! :)

[​IMG]

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.