1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Player Housing Update: Player Owned Towns, Player Run Towns, and Water Lots

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I don't think this makes sense. I don't think it is a good idea. PRTs need every boost they can get to be satisfactory places to live.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Any numbers on how many island keeps Port is planning to add, I really want one of these and just wondering what my chances will be.

3. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

+1

4. Sole

Sole Avatar

+1

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

So would Dara Brae, a PoT.

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I agree that PRT's should get trainers and all kinds of NPC's. They are at the greatest disadvantage already. Making them appealing will make a lot of people happy.

7. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

+1

Now that I know that island keeps won't be added to the underground biome, my plans for my POT have shifted! Shifted I say! If there aren't enough island keeps in-game for those that want them, I am going to have to change my biome template. :(. I just hope I can put an island keep down somewhere. :D

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Unfortunately we won't have numbers until we do the big push to get all the PRTs in after all the NPC towns go in, sometime around R30

9. DarkStarr

Great news everyone! Just sat with Hutch and we figured out a way to make a variation of the Underground template that will fit either a Duke Island or LotM island!

10. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I can't help but hear that as Professor Farnsworth :p

[​IMG]

11. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

You're my heroes, DarkStarr & Hutch!

12. Duke Gréagóir

Just to request that on the island template don't forget those that want their island duke island keep in the south east off of where the main entrance is please. I know that is where I will want it. Thank you.

13. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I would like one near the main docks just south of the main interior flat area. A boat on those docks going out to the island. We might be moving zone in to the main docks, to allow visitors easy sight and access to our central town area.

I was hooked the first time I saw a keep island lot, and hope they make the placeable in several possible spots on the island template.

When I first saw your island (Dara Brae) I was stoked about the keep lot on the island over the bridge. That apparently did not work with dynamic PoTs, to which we are committed. The north east island does fit a keep lot and more.

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  14. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

With regards to the water lots and homes, I was hoping I could get some clarification. I understand both are expired, and that if you have one of these, then you keep them. But if I upgrade, lets say from Knight to Knight Marshall or Lord, does this mean I'll still have my three water homes, but I would not get the houseboat from lord and more importantly my founder village deed would become a benefactor town deed? In that case, I suppose I could just sell the homes on my vendor after final wipe.

15. Duke Gréagóir

The smaller southeast island over the bridge does fit a keep lot. The larger island in the northeast fits a castle lot. Maybe I am misunderstanding your question?

I hope the duke island can be placed in multiple areas too around the main island. I know I have a favorite place where I want to place mine but variety is nice.

16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

PRT and POT should be handled exactly the same... they're housing developments... the only difference is that one is owned by port and one by player. They seem to be making them mid-range comparable so they'll compete with something like a crossroad village... that said, it's not making any sense to disallow player owned towns from having basic trainers and then put them in player run towns... the benefit in trainers in the city is getting people to find the cities with the quest hubs, public vendors, crafting stations, and other players who are there for trade. If you put basic trainers in too many places they lose their value. That's my thought. I'd like to see the training of skills reserved to trainers in major cities, quests, encounters / events, and actual players. 100 extra npc trainers just devalues the training experience. That's all I was thinking when I asked. :)

17. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

This is a good question. I personally think, any pledge which had a house lot deed before the expiration (even Ancestors with row lots, in the context of the once discussed possibility to increase the lot size at a later time in game) should keep the entitlement to a water lot deed if upgrading, be it by pledge upgrade or in game).

But this is only my opinion, Portalarium may think different ... but should clarify anyway.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Shadow likes this.
  18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

They already clarified that during the expiration with huge banners on the website saying if you don't upgrade you won't get it. It's a bit too late to go back now. Everyone who upgraded just to get those lots would be fairly upset with them if I read the situation right.

19. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

But upgrading should not mean to lose something. And losing the capability to place an existing lot deed on a water lot would be exactly that.

20. DarkStarr

There was never such a thing as a water row lot/house so nothing was lost. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Miracle Dragon and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.