1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Player Owned Town Maps are Blank & Cannot Be Marked by Governors

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Mar 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Look, I agree with everything else you've said, but they are very much NOT a bug, no matter how important or critical you and others (and I) feel they are. Unless, as I said, the tech exists but isn't working. If that's the case I will gladly admit I'm wrong and agree this should be moved back to Bug Reports.

Dev opens Jira.
    Bug report says "can't mark PoT maps."
    Dev looks at code.
    Dev sees code doesn't exist.
    Dev marks Jira "Working as Intended" and moves to next Jira.

Ravalox, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Cora's evaluation is accurate ... Though SotaMap is still operational, the customization features are suspended until we can replace the server that SotaMap is running on. This is on the agenda and goes along with other hardware improvements we are making to make the game servers more resilient. When this has been done, I will be revamping SotaMap and getting all of the Governors (and possibly Stewards) access to modify their POTs. I plan to update and add Icons to the palette etc ...

Until this is accomplished, the customization features are not supported as part of production and therefore not a bug.

This thread can remain in the wish-list for discussion, but does not require action as it is on my list of projects already. (I'll touch base with Chris on this by next team meeting)

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Could you give an update what has already happened and what is the current status?

FBohler, FrostII and ioSelect like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.