Player Owned Town (POT) Set Up for Crafters

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Wilfred, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

I think the ideal Player Owned Town (POT) for crafters would have a large open square surrounded with row houses facing the square in a "U" shape on 3 sides.

The square would be set up with:
    - All the Expert Crafting Stations
    - All the crafting related NPC Merchants (Crafting, Cooking, Magic, Etc.)
    - A Crafting Trainer
    - All the Devotionals (or at least the five crafting buff Devotionals)
    - Moondials (both Ornate and Crafted)

The object is to have easy access to everything needed for crafting close to your lot, easily switch between Devotional crafting buffs, and easily check the Moondials to determine which Constellation crafting buff(s?) are currently active. Crafters would be able to fulfill orders quickly, and customers could run around the "U" to check the vendors.

Are there any POTs set up like this?

hroth, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Lace like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are no trainers in pots.

Wilfred and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Diamond Fields is set up pretty much like this. We are located on Elysium and are a sub-POT of Port Phoenix. Hit up @Lace for more information.

4. Lace

Lace Avatar

Hahah Wilfred this is what I tested during many wipe cycles, and have tried to promote during our monthly crafting mentoring events we have been doing for over a year. Many guilds and POT's emulate this, but I most certainly know I was the first with the horseshoe shape to advocate the crafting pavilion many have now followed suit with or a similar configuration.

Diamond Fields is not overland but that means no sieges and as a metropolis we have all the devotionals. We dont't support one guild over another, we are a group of residents that form a true community in my eyes, each of which have such varying playstyles to make life interesting. Many POT's promote guilds .. we just promote life.

We won't be for everyone, we are just for the common folks.

Anyone send Lace Delamorte a tell in game if you want more information .. she stewards Diamond fields because that wench Lace lets her and wont pay 25 bucks to transfer ownership....

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

You just described Breakers Landing, minus the trainers and devotionals. Except its village lots on 2/3 and row on 1/3. I'm not interested in having my town sieged until the gameplay gets a little deeper.

Wilfred and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. Kyriana Nvermore

Kyriana Nvermore Avatar

Diamond Fields is an awesome place to live... there are a good number of row lots right around the crafting area.. and its a beautiful town. Come check it out.. Lace is also very receptive to adding a custom lot for you if there is another spot you wish to set up in.

hroth likes this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

there and MANY pots that have crafting station are metros and have full sets of devotional. I can go into at least 6 in the Britanny area, and there are MANY more all over.

They all pretty much have al the crafting stations co located and all the vendors near by.

But as already said POTs do not have trainers, and never should.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree pots should not have trainers. We need reasons to visit and re-visit all of the world.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Many POTs are set up like this... as other have said.
    Dawn's Keep is... or largely is... As that was the plan from the beginning, and that plan has been the driving force behind the depth to which I've backed tis project.
    I've only 3 Devotionals at the moment, though that could change.
    I'm now set up to have 2 fully outfitted Crafting Pavilions with Expert Crafting Stations and attendant NPCs, though I haven't fully set up the Eastern installation.

10. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Wilfred, Come look at New Fawn nested with Harvest and Holaim. There are 3 boroughs and each is setup just as you envision. Each has a banker and crafting merchant at each area. Come visit and pick your borough and lot.

Virtue Borough:
    [​IMG]

Chaos:
    [​IMG]

Love:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.