Player Owned Towns - Attach to Environment Scenes?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by RagingNoobaholic, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RagingNoobaholic

RagingNoobaholic Avatar

Hey SotA Friends,

Long time lurker turned supporter here. Thank you for having me! :D

Does anyone know whether we will be able to attach a Player Owned Town to an environment scene (such as a trail or random mountain scene)? I'm contemplating buying one, but I'd prefer having my town attached to something out in the wilderness.

I hope you all have a lovely day!

- RN

mbomber and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They no longer go to te overland map you can attach them to another POT or perhaps a Town of your choice but I don't think they are looking at having a town attached to say North Ravenswood. I would hope not but might be possible

3. RagingNoobaholic

RagingNoobaholic Avatar

The way I see it is that it really doesn't matter one way or another if it's directly attached or not. All overland map Player Owned Towns and NPC Towns are close to environment scenes anyway. What difference, other than aesthetics, does it make to have a Player Owned Town attached to an environment scene instead of a town?

For example, if I was attached to Chaos Crossroads and I wanted to go to Kingsroad, I'd have to exit my town, then exit Chaos Crossroads, and then walk less than 15 seconds away until I enter Kingsroad. On the other hand, if I was attached directly to Kingsroad and I wanted to go there, I'd only have to exit my town and I'd only be saving myself 15 seconds plus two loading screens. Barring that tiny advantage, which I can't see being a tangible benefit, I'd still be just about as far from any other desirable location as anyone from Chaos Crossroads.

In my mind, there is no difference; however, maybe the developers see it a different way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.