[Player Quest]: Magnus' Corruption

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Hi all! Kind of nervous here for trying something new and exciting for myself, personally - a Player Quest.

Magnus' Corruption - a Quest in Three Acts. This will be a general post with instructions, and several "Reply" posts with specific information required for each of the Acts of the Quest.

First, you will want to read up on some background "lore":
    1. Magnus' Corruption - Prologues (General Forums > Fire Lotus Tavern > The Library). This sets up the backstory of Magnus Zarwaddim, but of course leaves some things open to discovery and interpretation.
    2. Magnus' Corruption (General Forums > Fire Lotus Tavern > The Library). This contains the story behind each particular Act in the Quest.
    Second, you can navigate within this thread to each particular Act:
    1. Act I - Dragon Heart. Event Date: February 12, 2017, approximately 5:00 p.m. CST (UTC -6).
    2. Act II - Pool of Destiny. Event Date: T/B/D.
    3. Act III - Sacrifice. Event Date: T/B/D.
    Please note a few things:
    1. I appreciate any feedback. Feel free to leave it here or send it to me in a private message.
    2. Acts II and III will take place in the future, at dates to be determined. I am anticipating doing each about one month apart (Earth time).
    3. Quest rewards, if any, will be determined at a later date, based on participation. Any rewards for Act I and Act II will not be as great as those I am planning in Act III.
    4. Any edits herein will be denoted in a yellow font color.
    Special mention goes out to <House Serenite of Grunvald>, and @Jonah Hayes, @Duke William of Serenite, @Vox Aquila and @Mac2, in particular for their help.

THANK YOU everyone who participated in Act I of the Quest, Magnus' Corruption. We slew the Dragon of the Southern Grunvald Barrens, and Magnus obtained the Dragon Heart!

I failed to anticipate that the Southern Grunvald Barrens could not support the amount of people that participated (I want to say over 30 people, including <House Serenite of Grunvald> guild members). So the groups were split. Special shout out again to @Mac2 for helping out and even leaving the first group (after helping to slay the Dragon) to join the second group in another instance of the Zone. I also did not anticipate the amount of participation we had, and for that I am grateful.

Lesson learned for Act II and Act III - split up the groups and run the "Quest" several times!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Vyrin, x_Selene_x, Berek and 4 others like this.
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Act I - Dragon Heart

Event Date: February 12, 2017
    Event Time: Approximately 5:00 p.m. CST (UTC -6)
    Event Beginning Location: Serenite (located in the Grunvald Region)

NOTE: This part of the Quest is taking place DURING the Annual Serenite Founder's Day.

Quest Objective: Assist Magnus Zarwaddim in killing the dragon in the Southern Grunvald Barrens.

Quest Story: Magnus' Corruption - Act I - Dragon Heart (please follow the link).

Quest Reward: To be determined, based on participation. Please note, Quest rewards will not be granted unless you actively participate in killing the dragon - newer or weaker players can still participate and still try to actively hit the dragon. Don't worry, it won't notice you. :) Healers should be on hand. Also, the Quest reward may take up to one week to deliver to all active participants. I appreciate your patience.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Vox Aquila and Jonah Hayes like this.
  3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Reserved for Act II.

4. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Reserved for Act III.

5. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Reserved for any additional information.

6. Berek

Berek Avatar

Sounds great, let us know how we can help promote your event!

Jonah Hayes likes this.
  7. Mac2

Mac2 Avatar

No problem Magnus, I can help you slay almost anything, just not the lich in the rise... yet :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.