Player vs Player Tournaments - by Royal Warrant!

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Duke Violation, Dec 15, 2014.

?

Do you like the chance to earn store credit?

Poll closed Dec 22, 2014.
  1. Yes

65.6%
  2. No

34.4%
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

R13 has been a lot of fun... so Sciamano and I have decided to throw a joint event and try to knock the socks off of everyone who attends... here goes.

HEAR YE HEAR YE! By Royal Warrant, and privileges there within, Order of Vengeance would like to continue their tradition of hosting Avatar vs Avatar Tournaments! Join Order of Vengeance in the town of Vengeance (in The Brave Coast until player towns are put into the game) for a Player vs Player tournament! All skill levels, Avatar levels, and Pick up Groups (meet at the tournament and form a team) are welcome and we always have rewards for combatants!

What: Vengeance 3v3 Tournament (two player teams are welcome but you may face a three player team... do this at your own risk!)

When: 3PM NBT (New Britannia Time) on Sunday the 11th. (reminder, check the calendar here: http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/ )

Where: Castle Vengeance's larger arena (in the back) on The Brave Coast island. use "/zone Duke Violation" or "/zone Sciamano Malus" to attend.
    • This tournament is only available to the first 12 teams so sign up here: http://orderofvengeance.com/tournament/
    • This tournament will have bonus prizes based on the number of people who enter (minimum 4 teams for add-on store prize)
      • By Combatants:
        • 4 Teams - $10 gift card to each winner ($30 total for winning team, if only two players they would receive $15 each)
        • 8 Teams - Additional $5 gift card to each winner ($45 total for winning team, if only two players they would receive $20 and $25 and have to pick who gets the extra $5)
        • 12 Teams - $5 gift card to each runner up ($15 total for 2nd place team, if only two players they would need to decide who receives the $10 card)
      • By Attendees (Combatants + Spectators)
        • Any number of attendees - 100k gold randomly selected and awarded to an Attendee!
        • 25 (or more) Attendees - "Black Cat (digital)" worth $5 will be given randomly to one of the spectators! Thanks to Myrcello there are now cats at the tournament!
        • 50 (or more) Attendees - "Ye Olde Hot Tub (digital)" worth $5 will be given randomly to one of the combatants AND "Lord British’s Silver Serpent Necklace (digital)" worth $10 will be randomly given to one of the spectators. Thanks to Lord Blake Blackstone we have jewelry!
        • 64 (or more) Attendees - A "Chess Set" worth $20 will be awarded to a random person who has not previously won an add-on item at THIS event. If a tournament prize winner is selected we will give them the option to forfeit their reward in place of this one and we will roll again to pick a non-tournament winner for their previously won item. This includes combatants and spectators!
    This brings the total potential reward prize pool to $100 worth of add-ons!

P.S. we'll be giving out in-game gold too ;)

1. There will be A Jester at the tournament to keep entertainment between events!
    2. There will be Entrance Music for competing teams as they enter the arena from the house that will be heard on Avatars Radio.
    3. There will be 100k gold given out to a random attendee.
    4. There will be Catering provided by Alestorm Inn & Beer Garden!

Avatars Radio will be hosting a commentary live at the event! Feel free to use one of the Aether Vibration Amplifiers provided by 4B at the arena!

Disclaimers:
    • This contest is run by Order of Vengeance and is no way affiliated with Portalarium.
    • To receive your reward you MUST have a working email and a registered account with Shroud of the Avatar's main website/forums: Create an Account
    • To receive your reward you MUST share one of your emails with Duke Violation.
    • Order of Vengeance members will be allowed to participate but we'll only take one team (possibly two if it's needed to complete the tournament).
    Oh yeah, and one more important detail:
    • After a 10 minute match timer there will be a "Chaos Bolt Casting Party" that would likely cause the tournament to shift tides... details will not be announced but you won't want to miss seeing this ;)
    Special Thanks:

2. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

PSST when?

Net and Duke Violation like this.
  3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

To be 100% clear... previous tournament winners are eligible to win in this tournament and are all encouraged to come back again :)

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

HAHAH I copied it from Avatars Calendar and forgot the date doesn't copy... thanks!

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Lots of minor updates... sorry we're throwing this together late and as such we're tired but yeah... LOTS OF PRIZES!!!

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Great News!

Avatars Radio will be hosting a commentary live at the event!

We've just setup a skyward platform for our esteemed guests and hope you listen in while you watch. Additionally, we've just fitted the arena with a half dozen radios as well so no matter where you are you should be in range of one! :)

7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Reminder: there are up to 11 team spots left and this is the most prize money offered in sota to date in a combat event in sota to date... come help us stress test all the load features on the game and possibly get paid to do it! :D

Bracket details and sign up link: http://orderofvengeance.com/tournament/

Edit: in a combat event in sota.

8. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Great Event. But in regards to that statement i feel like the generous
    Time Lords 200 Dollar Event Price has been overlooked.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Strange I read that post several times and missed the $200 due to the multicoloring he does to his text. Makes it very hard for me to follow his posts. I will gladly amend to clarify it's the first combat event with this reward ;) Thanks for the update, I had no clue that reward was given. Huzzah to Player Killer for his victory in dance! :)

10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

And i would like to contribute 20 Dollars Store Money to your event.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

11. Spoon

Spoon Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Sounds like a grand time as always my dear Violation.

One note:
    They don't actually have to share their account's email. Any email they have will do.
    You can easily verify this by sending a fiver between you and your lovely wife.
    When they receive the Gift email they click the link and then are prompted by SotA. If they are logged in with an SotA account they have to click an accept link /or/ if they are not logged in they are prompted to log in to accept /or/ they can even create a new account to receive the gift to.
    So for clarity the first bullit is true but the second bullet could be:
    "To receive your reward you MUST give your email address to Duke Violation. "
    It adds a level of security to the arrangement.

Tahru and Myrcello like this.
  12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Great point about those links! I recently learned about that and used copy paste from before I knew and I would never have thought of it. No need for me to verify your statement is 100% correct and I'll update it when I get home.

13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Wow! Thanks so much! Do you have a recommendation on when/who/how?

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  14. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Recommendation:

Ad 15 Dollars to the combantants winning price
    so if i am correct Price - so 4 teams is 30 Dollars now for the winning team, if it is 8 teams it is 45 Dollars

and the last 5 from my 20 are a digital pet randomly to the crowd .

And how? Should i PayPal you the amount, or Gift the Money to you Duke now, so you can distrubte on the event day?

15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Sounds good, I'll adjust it when I get it in my account. PMing you my email. GC from SotA store is best to ensure every penny stays in the game ;)

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

updated! Thanks again. :)

17. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

This just in!!! There will be a person at the event who will receive 100k gold for just showing up... I don't know who you are... you don't know who you are... but you are and that's what matters.

18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Special announcement coming tomorrow... stay tuned!

Additionally, thanks Myrcello for the kick for the winners and the pet! Updating the post now :)

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  19. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Oh yes, and a special surprise for the teams who pre register... the earlier you get in the better selection you'll have... but I don't think you'll be picking what you think you'll be picking!

20. EmberFlame

EmberFlame Avatar

I just signed up myself and my family. Hope nobody minds cannon fod... I mean, amateurs. o_O

Also, the tournament's website is totally new to me. Let me know if I need to fix anything.

EDIT - Made a shameless plug to your event on my signature. You're welcome!

Duke Violation and Tahru like this.