Players - please spend a few minutes rating Steam reviews

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

no doctor at this point, probably a "preachyr" :p

2. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

*sets up 50 alt accounts on steam*

Problem solved.

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I know your joking, but im going to tackle it before people try to claim thats where all the negative reviews are from ( or positive for that matter )
    Eh, see the problem with that is that unlike basic forums your now asked to verify phone number, etc etc.
    Its fine to run a few accounts, but once you start multi reviewing from the same IP you actually get flagged.

I dont know anyone who would risk getting a Steam Ban for their IP, who actually uses steam. And if your making accounts just to spam review, they are pretty quick to ban the IP.

Like i stated before. Steam doesn't screw around when it comes to that kind of stuff, it is the premise of their whole platform. They WANT unbiased reviews, as any favoritism actually hurts their image.

So.. someone can TRY to do that, but its a TON of hassle and a major risk if they use a steam account regularly.
    And if you don't, those reviews don't last long at all.

4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I need to see the game finished first; I can't recommend it to anyone except to extremely open-minded people, and mostly only those who have played both UO and at least a couple of ultima games to completion.

There are some big flaws at the moment which are likely just a product of early access, but SotA isn't a game that has been doing terribly well in early access compared to other early access games. It just doesn't play very well yet.

Having said that, I am still glad Portalarium have had monthly releases since way back when, because I'm the kind of person who likes to see development as it goes along. Whether it's good for everyone else is another story, as a lot of the incredibly overly harsh negative feedback has shown. I mean some people really need to know when to cut their losses and move on.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Where's that third thumb? :eek:

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I get that, but the other thing I was trying to point out is that even well explained reviews, ones that also point out the negative, if its positive it gets majorly downvoted. People that aren't ready to review could still take a look at the reviews and give feedback on usefulness.

MrBlight likes this.
  7. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Every game is the same, or it's just too small or has no chance to gain the attention of paid detractors or ban anyone if they hope to stay alive, thus the lack of spiteful negativity.

It always amuses me when egotistical critics point to said other games for comparisons to SotA (which really could take the market by storm and bans people for their own health) These same critics know better, but are not above grasping at any straw they can to suit their selfish, spiteful purposes.

By the by, what's the URL for this 'steam reviews' I keep hearing about? Might ye add it to the OP plox? :D

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

[​IMG]

Barugon likes this.
  9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thou art*

jammaplaya likes this.
  10. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I've seen the reviews on steam, and it pains me to say this, but I can't put up a good review yet. This is still early access, and I don't want people coming in expecting a totally polished experience. If people do, they're going to have a bad time.

I will write a review when we release. That way I'm not having to warn people about things that are in the pipeline to fix.

11. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

I agree with this. I struggle right now with writing an honest review because it is still in development and the things I am critical of right now might not be an issue on release.

I am waiting for the final release before I pass judgement.

mass and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

They pretty much hate all games on steam not just shroud... have yet to see a game with good reviews.

Hornpipe and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  13. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Getting alot of negative reviews for a Game that spends years in EA is not uncommon. They jump in and expect a game that is close to release and not a alpha, cause thats what EA was back in my days.

Also, the most negative reviews are more helpful if you want to see pro vs cons. I check on every game the negatives first, to see if i can live with the bad things.

Now you can say they still develop the Game, but if they release soon they will get way more negative reviews cause People expect a finished game now and they cant deliver it.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I understand and appreciate the spirit behind this request of course. One thing for me is I don't go to steam or play on steam as many backers do not. There was no steam added to shrouds for much of development.

I don't feel a panic to make it right on steam. This game imo needs much more than great steam reviews.

I believe we will one day have better reviews with so much of this game still not even added in yet. I will continue to rally for what is still missing or isn't right imo as always. So join me.

What in my opinion is important is how well the what's coming is implemented like the fishing and agriculture updates, mounts, boating, pack horses, treasure hunting, achievement systems, variety of creatures, reason to play, better loot systems and on and on.

We only have months to impact some of what is upcoming before release. I am by no means worried about steam reviews. We have not seen the full picture by any means of this game.

Luca Xante and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  15. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

1 thumb done 3 times, D'oh...:D

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

omg thats even worse 0.o

17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot i reviewed my review and did some spelling corrections ;)

its good to ask for doing reviews and not neccessary to discuss it if people should do reviews or not, those who want to support the game do a honest review - good or bad.
    Unfortunately a lot of "bad" reviews are bad by themself, lack of info or lack of knowledge etc.... but anyway, these sort of reviews are "normal".

I am not the type of player who does a lot of reviews, only if a game is special to me, what is very rare.
    I also would do a review if a game i buyed won't run or is not about what was promised.

I made a positive review, because i am a roleplayer and there is nothing comparable to roleplayers out.
    I have many critics to the game, but its still the best game for a roleplayer like me - unfortunately there arent that much roleplayers like me around, because i am not the type of doing only socializing RP.
    Anyway, i cannot understand why people discuss if they should do a review or why or how or whatever.
    Vladamir asked you to do a review or update yours. Nothing more, nothing less.
    People what feel adressed could do - discussing it to the utmost isn't that helpfull i guess :confused:

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well no one is criticizing his request for this just explaining why they do or don't care about it at this point of development. I see your point too if you are a steam player. Perhaps you see the rating. I don't see it since I don't go to steam and don't know what is there. I see the game and these forums. Right now I only see the forums since I'm with my mom for a few more weeks.

Edit
    and as mentioned I believe the ratings and popularity of this game will increase as fun things are added in and some systems are fleshed out better. If they do a fantastic job on fishing and agriculture That will be a big boost to the game and make the world not seem quite so broken up.

Edited typos. I'm on my phone only.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Vladamir Begemot and MrBlight like this.
  19. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Forums are a conversation. I COULD have just responded "No." and maybe a picture of grumpycat, but I don't think that really contributes much, where as explaining why I'm saying no does add to the conversation. It also serves to clarify that it's not a "never" just a "not yet."

3devious, Stundorn and Spoon like this.
  20. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Fishing and agricolture are the last part of a game, it's not farmville, restaurant city or that kind of game; Here the mechanichs, the class balance, the economy, the loot table, the content, the performances, the crafting system basically all MAJOR game mechanichs that are not working, working bad or have problem. Imagine the game like a tree you have the root that is the Platform, all things i spoke about are the trunk, all the Others thingies are just frond, without the main mechanics working and problmes on root all the other things are meaningless, cause the frond things need patience, the trunk things will make people leave , stop play and do bad feedbacks, cause are the base of a game. Maybe most of user that speak about agriculture need to have more clue about what a plant need to live.

Excusme if the tone is rough, but as you focus on minor aspects of the game that will need just patience, the tree is just dying, cause to play agriculture and fishing u need urself, for all the Others game mechanichs you need tons of players, and the biggest numbers are not maked of farmer and fishers are maked by PVPers, adventurer and traders, So kill those 3 system and u will see just a dead plant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.