Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[PlayTesting] All glitches i found in The Rise - with feedback

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Sir Leonard, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

First of all, this was done while playing in Offline Mode, this way i could tinker with my character to resist alone the challenges of the instance, so i could go there and QA test it as best as i could.

- First glitch found. The Obsidian Troll. The model was resized (shrinked) from the original one but when applied an effect like burn, sometimes you still see the larger "shadow". Obs: I see you have shrinked the model to fit in the halls, but this way the troll is less fearing than others. I think this is not fit to an Obsidian Troll with 10k HP :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Then i found some crates that "sink" into the ground (location marked on ScreenShot). Actually, a lot of places have this kind of crates, but i'll list them when i play-test the others.

[​IMG]

- Onto this area (seems like a kennel), the "Obsidian Watchdogs" were lost, just walking back and forth endlessly, showing a broken pathfinding when the stair was on one side of the balcony and I was at the other side. You can't see the stair, because it is dark, but is at the end of the hallway on this screenshot. From my perspective, they were being an easy target.

[​IMG]

- Also, when proceeded to the other side (and then the pathfind worked) i killed them and looted the bodies. I was surprized to find Wolf Heads and Obsidian Wolf Carcass on them, clearly showing they were just Obsidian Wolfs renamed, not a different NPC. Don't seems like this was intended.

[​IMG]

- Back to the Obsidian Troll, i managed to Stun him with Chain Lighnint while he was moving. He kept moving in circles, doing no other action until the stun duration ended. This behavior replicates to all other monsters, that when they start an attack or action, the stun will NOT stop them from completing that action (like firing a bow, casting a spell, etc).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Between these pillars, there are HUGE invisible gaps on the bridge floor, between the blocks of stones. I have fallen on them a number of times and to reach this central point in between them i actually had to use Blink. The location is saved on Screenshot.

[​IMG]

- Lastly, in this room (the one with invisible walls), there is only one exit to the door going upstairs (marked on screenshot). The problem is, once i cross this point, i CANNOT go back. It seems a wall appears or have just "one side".

Notice, in the first screenshot i am following the invisible wall to the exit normally (it is between the fire torches on the wall).

[​IMG]

But once i reached there, i decided to turn back and go to where i was before. And then i could not... because the passage seemed blocked by an invisible wall - although this time nothing shows up when i come close to it, like every other "invisible" wall on this room. Exact location marked on Screenshot, closing the passage beyond the pillar.

[​IMG]

- Lastly, for a polishing pass, please consider raising the rewards by A LOT. This instance is impossible to solo. It does not makes sense a 15k HP mob like this Ancient Ferocious Obsidian Golem offering ONLY 20 gold and a few obsidian chips. This will not estimulate parties in any way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will try to playtest other scenes and post the results as well.

Thanks.

Alexander likes this.
  2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

IMO the offline mode should be just deleted...

Now everyone can just play/tinker arround in "offline mode" with insane stats/gear and explore just everything to 100% only to use this knowledge then in online play.

3. Sir Leonard

I really can't see this as a problem, since you already got plenty of player-made resources giving you all spoilers you need. This just helps accelerating testings and QA, since it will never affect the "true" online play.

Alexander likes this.
  4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Yeah, because it's old content by now.
    But what about new content?

Just for example:
    Let's say a new dungeon gets released, why bother dieing/wasting time in online mode exploring/figuring things out, if you can just simply walk through the entire thing in offline mode with 8k health/focus.
    So whatever "new" gets released, i can just figure out in "offline" mode first, without having to risk any "online" ressources.

That's an huge problem, imo...

5. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

For now it is useful, no doubt, so thanks for testing and finding glitches.

But at some point they should atleast encrypt the save files etc.

6. Sir Leonard

Don't think an encryption would work as you can reverse-enginer the code the same way, it would only add more work to do and narrow the amount of people capable of doing it (hence those would have the "advantage" over the others). This, unless you store the encryption key for each account in a server-side manner, which would defeat the purpose of having an offline mode to play, well... offline. And thinking better... even this can be cracked if the person monitors encryption functions and grab the key already in-memory. Actually, even if you store the saves themselves server-sided, there is always a manner to tamper with client data before it processes it, so i think it is a wasted effort in any way...

I understand your concerns, but since from the beggining, we have been told this was never supposed to be a new MMO the way you expect to be. Also, for new content, people already get pre-release access before a lot of other players, so there is no problem for great guilds to set up high QA adventuring groups and just play through it before regular players being even aware of it.

It happens in all MMOs already, people will ALWAYS find a way to have an "advantage" on you no matter what you do. So it is just something we all have to deal with either way... This is why i don't fret and find it to be such a big deal. I already accepted i cannot be the best forever....

Anyway... this also is only MHO and of course the devs always have the last word on that.

Bye bye.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Alexander likes this.
  7. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

There are a great deal of people that signed up for this game just so that they can play this in the offline mode and run through the story.

8. Sir Leonard

Forgot to mention, but I also work into localization here, so I love to be able to see how my translations behave in-game, even for pledge stuff and rewards I will never have access to. I already corrected A TON of stuff that was causing some problems for localized version. ^_^

GrayFog likes this.
  9. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Really?
    I always see only the same 5 people here on the forums complaining about "no love" for the offline mode.
    I am sure in the long run the offline mode will be canceled anyway as soon they realize only a handful of people are "really" playing it.
    In no way they gonna pull off a very good "offline/singleplayer" version that could compete to other good Singleplayer-RPGs, no way! their dev team is way too small for this!

10. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I hate to break this to you, but most of the people that are interested in the single player aspect of this game are not sitting here on this forum, but are simply waiting for the game to be released in its final state. Also, no matter how badly you want the offline mode to disappear, it most certainly wont happen anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.