Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please add "protected items" tab or filter to inventory

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'd like to be able to drag and drop items in my inventory into a "protected" tab or status so they can't be sold, traded or deleted accidentally.

Items in this status would be filtered out of all searches automatically, so I would no longer see all of my equipped crafting tools in the All Items search. When visiting an NPC vendor, all protected items would be excluded automatically from Inventory Management views to avoid being sold. When trading items, all protected items would be excluded from possible trade.

Appropriate items could still be looted or stolen in pvp (of course!) but basic inventory management would be much friendlier. Perhaps "protected" isn't the best word choice and I should say "filtered" instead.

@Chaox :)

Mortanius, Chatele, Retro and 13 others like this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

+1000

I think I've lost 4 bows by accidental sell off. Gotten better over time (as I am now twitching with fear every time I go to sell stuff).

Came close to selling a necklace and a ring I normally wear last night because I forgot I switched decks and the item set associated with the deck wasn't updated to include them. So into inventory they went, and to be honest, if it weren't for the fact that I was looking to see if I had gotten an artifact drop, they would be gone now.

:D

brhanson2 and Arc like this.
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Just not showing items that are inside of backpacks in the vendor UI, same as inventory and bank, would be good enough for me.

Hermetic, brhanson2 and Arc like this.
  4. Lained

Lained Avatar

If you click the cog in the top right of your inventory you can hide all your equipped tools.

5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

A PvP protected tab would be cool too. Just so you can verify that what you think is PvP protected actually shows up in the tab.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Thank you! I had no idea that was an option. Much better.

brhanson2, Arc and Lained like this.
  7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

If you are not using prosperity items you just need to remember to change options to fix tools.

brhanson2 likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I want to be able to right click an item and select "Protect". Then that item cannot be sold or salvaged until I right click the item and turn off protection.

9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

This is one of those frequent and reoccurring feature requests that I am 100% behind - I think this is one of the most important missing aspects of the game. Currently, it is way too easy to destroy some extremely rare items that came with a lot of personal investment (thank you for what measures have been made already).

Items should have a right click context menu toggle for sticking the item in the same sort of conditions that prevent quest items from appearing to other players in loot or to NPC vendors at all, and cant be dropped or traded. Just untoggle to treat it as any other item.

Im very careful out of paranoia, and still have salvaged my favorite weapon before, sold my favorite weapon before, and yes, even "stumbled" over my own keyboard and mouse in such a way as to delete my favorite weapon before. Id like to add my favorite weapon to a list of "dont consider this for anything ever outside of my backpack" items.

Then I can comfortably smoke my pipe and not fear that my weapon is in my backpack's big pile of weapons.

10. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

If I remember correctly LOTRO had that ability to "turn off" items in regards to selling. I loved that feature.

11. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

@DarkStarr This was actually something at a telethon or convention you had addressed as a possibility when I asked about letting us tag items as 'do not sell' (probably through right click options for the item) to avoid accidentally selling certain things. Is this still a possibility and if so can it be bumped on priority due to the recent release of lesser artifacts? There is certain to be some drama if an arty accidentally gets vendor trashed.

12. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

or just flagging a backpack as protected, everything in that backpack can't be sold and doesn't list on the selling tab

Yeah, would be nice...

13. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Yes please, +1.

14. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

15. mass

mass Avatar

This is particularly relevant with the addition of rare drops. Since all loot was essentially junk before, I've gotten the habit of selecting everything from my equipment tab to sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.