Please add some way to help people looking for parties find each other

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmicvoyager, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

I am having great difficulty finding people to form parties. I wish there were a looking for group chat channel or meeting place or something so people looking can identify each other. I announced publicly I was looking for a group for a few hours over a few days without finding a party.

According to the calendar at avatarscircle.com there is supposed to be a challenge dungeon group now, but there is not so that is not working.

Budner, Sebastion and Spoon like this.
  2. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

me i'm a pretty much solo player always out exploring or gathering mats but ya a feature like that would be helpful maybe next release or the one after untill then your best bet is to start talk to people on the forums friend or join a guild guild might be your best bet might want to look over the guild section on the forums :)

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Agreed completely.

Also a way to announce events ingame.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

This would help from a convenience aspect, but I'm not sure I like global chat channels from an immersion perspective. Spammers will abuse them and it will take people out of the game.

If their are guild chat channels, people can use them if they want.

A full party/group finder tool would be equally helpful but equally immersion breaking and difficult to develop. SWTOR spent $200 million on initial development and still didn't get a group finder until over a year post-launch and they said it was one of the more difficult features to add.

5. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

*Something* is needed to help. I do not know what. Please, think of something. Been standing at Challenge Dungeon for over an hour, and would probably stand here 10 hours or indefinitely without being invited to a group.

6. enderandrew

When the game launches and there are a bunch of guilds, coordinating with guild members will help. I might be able to help you with the challenge dungeon early tomorrow but sadly won't be online tonight.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Heralds could be used for in game events.

I don't know what could be put in game to organize adventuring parties. The most common sense thing to do is make taverns gathering places for that. And also have guilds that do that. If a guild house could have some type of registry book. Tavern keep could also probably be programmed to keep track of people looking for parties, in the spirit of keeping track of gossip.

8. enderandrew

It also just occurred to me that you can use Steam Friends Lists to coordinate now that SotA is in Steam.

Moongate Travellers has a Steam group.

dorkish likes this.
  9. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Dear Devs,

Please DO NOT include a looking for group finder, a pvp matchmaker, or any other type of queue.

Montaigne and redfish like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Uhm, maybe we need to clarify this.

At the time of release this game will hopefully attract such a crowd that these things will no longer be an issue - there will probably also be in game ways to announce events etc through funtionality and no need to find players through such a chat.

But during the pre-alphas etc - you want people to congregate and you want people to find the events that there is. This is a promotion thing as well as a utility as well as a testing thing.

The devs have already done two things for R12 specifically
    -The events book in your inventory.
    -Announcements of upcoming community events - using the global admin announcements.

This however doesn't catch spontaneous things like the tag game, or such.

Better?

11. Town-Portal

Town-Portal Avatar

Please do not include something like this... but instead have alot of dungeons and place to go, where you can FIND other people to group with... or X-roads... but please do not include a group finder, or similar.

Montaigne likes this.
  12. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

well think it's still a bit early could use something when they release the big map though cause there really isn't that much to do at the moment except grind away :)

13. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.