Please allow players to (re-)name their weapons.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Tila Tenderfoot, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

It would be cool if we could rename our crafted weapons. I usually have different weapons for different adventure scenes and sometimes spend quite a bit of time searching for a particular weapon. Like "Rise Multishot" or "Boss Solo."

Dhanas likes this.
  2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think we may get some daft, Rude and even grossly inappropriate names, which is a shame and why I don't think it will or should let happen. It's Chris's why we can't have nice things, point again.

However what I think would be cool would be a game-side system where weapons earn their names.

We've already heard that weapons will improve in categories where they are most used, such that a weapon that kills a 100 spiders gets a bonus versus spiders.

Why not go a step beyond that and have a bunch of RNG applied names at the highest kill levels, maybe 1000 spiders kills (or perhaps a lot more as signifies a huge effort) and alot names such as Spiders Bane or Arachnophobia, or Crawler Killer..

Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

There is always the possibility of creating a blacklist of words, with diferent combinations and through the use of numbers in a weapon name.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  4. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

The new name should only be visible from the person's inventory and would disappear on trade.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  5. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

It sounds to me like Tila's requesting a system of organization that chests and bags are probably too "macro" scale for, and naming them would be a good idea. There is a Duke level pledge reward that allows Dukes from Kickstarter to pick a named weapon, so this system and that system shouldn't be the same. I.e., when placed as deco the "non-Duke" item appears as "copper longword +8" instead of "Tila's Longsword for the Rise".

-1 for Censorship.

Engineer

6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think we're talking about two different things here and that may be down to me.

As the OP subsequently clarifies, naming your weapons so that only you can see the name is an inventory management thing, so sure why not be able to call one 'my wep 2 for ghost killing'.

What I'm talking about is legendary names that are seen by all, which, given the new system for leveling weapons is already planned, could be a very cool add on. WOLFBANE, for my 5, 000 wolves killed longsword please, plus it keeps its name when sold which could be a very interesting sub speciality market.

7. Curt

Curt Avatar

As long the name/nickname only appears for the person that gave it the name I see no problems.

8. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I like the idea and I also like the idea of it visibile to everyone. Honestly if you name a sword "****" I probably don't buy it.

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  9. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

This was another great thing in Star Wars Galaxies. We could, not only, custom name our crafted goods, we could colourize the individual letters in the name if you knew how to code it right.

Below is an actual screen from the game - note the item name input area.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.