Please Balance PVP Loots To Prevent PVP Parasite From Being A Viable Playstyle

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Acaelus Fireharp, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I hear ya... but remember, this was supposed to be the game where levels were unimportant... where a level 50 character could actually beat a level 100 character, with some skill and a little luck. (edit: sorry, forgot my /sarcasm tag)

On the reality part of it (I know, it's a game), a level 120 rogue would be a grandmaster assassin, and SHOULD be able to control an initial encounter in such a way that the targets skills, abilities and fortitude (HP) don't even come into the picture.

On the fun-factor side of that argument, no, this should NEVER be.

Soryu and StrangerDiamond like this.
  2. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

PvP is unaffordable for most. Crafted gear that sells to NPCs for 60 gold is worth up to 5k, sometimes more per piece. If it costs so much to buy it back from the Oracle, why doesn't it sell for this much to NPCs? Don't even want to talk about artifact prices. Regs also cost much more than NPC price as well.

3. Thief

Thief Avatar

Hello there,

This is just a beginning. That fire and air mages can run anytime they want too. So even you re in god mode. They can run anytime they wish.

A) Blink in mid fight.
    B) Crit heal in mid fight
    C) Heal in mid AIR! ( They jump from platform while falling they heal themselves)
    D) Heavy armor mages. Tank mages with defansive stance.
    E) Cost of air shield is.............. well is a joke.
    F) FAST mages! They are fast that I see them passing me in a second. They appear 1 second on full hd screen. it is a joke.
    G) They burn you in water.
    I) They can stun lock you forever with air attacks.
    J) Half of the warriors skills were broken. I reported 1 or 2 each month. At least 15 of them. Body slam just recovered and a second later what I found berserker stance is broken.
    K) Mages keep bashing buttons. 1-2-3-4. Nothing else is needed. Range is superior and safer.
    L) They ARE super protected. Stabbing them, putting poison etc etc while 140 skills and they can still run away.
    M) Stun and knockback. AAHAHAHAHA! laughable. I played a few months with bludgeon. I knocked down a few people 0.00000001 seconds. Maybe it was just an animation to convince me?

Devs are really cool, because they listen. When I play I even sense the range issues and know median dmg values of my attacks. if something is out of order I instantly report.

Please raise your voice or there will be only mages and archers.

4. Thief

Thief Avatar

I strongly disagree. I put more xp on those skills than 20 average players and they pay little to none. I rarely able to kill a soul, because I am a warrior. Nearly all pvpers can run anytime they want. If it is a warrior vs warrior well.. never had chance to do pvp with a warrior since the fall opened. Not 1 time. Blood bay ganked a few times by 3-4 players tho.

Rada Torment likes this.
  5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

What part of that are you disagreeing with... your post doesn't really make that clear, as it addresses none of what you quoted.

6. Thief

Thief Avatar

You miss the point. If using the stated skills make me less honorable than a knight please write with big red letters before I put there 100 million xp.

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Oh... so you are one of the ones the OP has issue with then?

And by that, I mean your general playstyle is similar?

8. Thief

Thief Avatar

I never hurt a single soul. When I see someone in the fall run away and ask friend or foe.

9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

rofl... see what I mean... the game dictates what honor is, if it don't fit the lore, both ends of the spectrum feel slanted.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So how could you consider yourself less than honorable ?

11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Then I take it you have skills in the subterfuge tree? Because in all honesty, half of them don't fit under the banner of Honor, and so excluding the Camo subtree and Poison Weapon fits the "Honorable Knight" ideal.

If the game were strict with it's application of the virtues, then every time I get extra damage from a backstab attack because I put an arrow into the back of a foe, or if I used Poison of any kind, it should slap me with a penalty to Truth and Courage.

12. Thief

Thief Avatar

Are here to discuss that? I am not after honor or y or "x". Simply a balance is will do good for all.

edit: It is my char's personality. So I want to play like that. I accept the consequences of losing money because of that :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  13. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

The game needs to make being evil a true decision you have to take. Right now its basically the strong kill the weak. No one is GOOD, because no one is truly EVIL in this game. If being a red PK would have more rewards but also harsh limitations people wouldn't do it. We need more guild wars and PVP that is tied to guild vs guild or faction vs faction mechanics to ease people into PVP. If you want to be truly a criminal let the game have those ppl, but create mechanics that give blue players mechanics to organize against them.

A bounty hunter system could be a way to enable a PK hunter playstyle.... But first of all we need a justice or alignment system to make your PVP actions matter on the most basic level.

14. Thulmor Kingslayer

Thulmor Kingslayer Avatar

Lol.. then don’t flag pvp if you cannot handle it son or get into a good pvp guild.

15. Thulmor Kingslayer

Thulmor Kingslayer Avatar

You need to find a different game. They don’t cater to you and i sure as hell nope not. Dance party queens I see. You never played old school UO I see.

16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Actually, we are... not yours specifically, but that of the people who are ganking in the fashion the OP describes. I proposed a solution that might help delineate the divide between those who engage in "honorable" pvp, and those who seek the thrill of the PK, or the thrill of knowing you are completely open to enemy agency at any time, and you stated you had a problem with it because it would be wasted xp for you, or something to that effect.

17. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

All PVP is consentual in this game.. So you already have control over it. I agree though that we need more reasons to PVP aside from PVE loot or special crafting materials that should be in the PVP zones in the future.

I guess siege scenarios divided by virtue or guilds etc could help with that to enable more conflict for people who seek group fights.

18. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That is not helping... I am flagged since PvP is up, and I have a good guild, most players around level 110-120 adventurer... we all get one shot killed, in fact most of the time we don't even know we are attacked.

We have a house in blood bay, good crafters...

It's so bad that 90% of my guild turned off the pvp flag and keep repeating how stupid it is. Sorry but thats the truth.

It's not because we aren't good, its because its a level and gear based game. Nothing like old school UO PvP.

I die not because they are better than us, but because they spent more time grinding shock monkeys with 0 challenge.

Xandra7 likes this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

soo you want the game de try and design a mechanic that will prevent a way player who prey on others for enjoyment of profit (sociopath) which ia pervasive mentality in all PvP arenas? How do you propose any reward to eliminate how/why certain players do not "fight fair"?

Sorry but the only real solution is No PvP.

You want to take the rewards you are looking for in the PvP area the risk you take is coming across players who will Prey on you.

You already have you solution - do not go there.

You are trying to make the game fix something that can not be fixed. We have gone thru this so many time with making sure that they do not introduce to many incentive to give PvE players (your style) any reason to "have to go into PvP areas.

They have repeatedly said player who do not want to interact with PvP mentality will not have a need to.

If you feel you HAVE to go into PvP readdress that problem with the developers.

But do not try and get them to even try and fix what is something that mechanics can never fix.

FrostII likes this.
  20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Obviously we chose to do PvP and go in PvP zones for the PvP... not for being opportunity striked by PvE players looking for an easy kill.

I'm not sure why you are engaged here... if you read the thread you realize that Chris is going to remove instant-flagging, which resolves at least half the issues we have here.

We said that since the PvP flag is up (not kidding) dozens of not hundreds of us just said that "just remove instant-flagging".

But we were instantly put down by people saying the same argument you use : if you don't like it don't flag pvp.

And ONCE AGAIN, it seems like we were right and that Chris is going to correct it. Sure its too late and after hundreds of pvpers left in frustration, but better late than never.

So no, its not a good advice.

I will stay flagged PvP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.