Please can we have clarity about the Livestreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurelius Silverson, Dec 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

According to what Catnip says publicly, what we should see are a Twitch stream every two weeks

https://www.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/schedule

and (even less accurate!) a stream every two weeks and sometimes 'daily' streams according to every Release announcement .

[​IMG]

The Twitch scheduler is just a calendar, it is not difficult to use and to take out clearly wrong statements - I know it was the original plan, and the aspiration, but it simply is not reflecting what is going on, and just makes Catnip look more incompetent, rather than drawing in new people (which surely is the point of using the overall 'social media' environment, no?). The image is way, way out of date, maybe it is what you hope to do at some point - but again, it's not true, and has not been true for a very long time, and is what you keep putting on every monthly release posts.

I am tired of the Twitch scheduler constantly sending me emails notifying of streams that are not happening. Please, these are VERY simple things to sort out, get a grip on this stuff - or reinforce the (wrong, but very widely believed) impression non-Shroud players have of a company that really has little clue, and apparently doesn't much care, about how to present themselves and their game. Or have we really reached the point where the only way to know what is going on is to be in the Discord all the time, monitor all the forums, watch the Twitter pages (plural - https://twitter.com/catnipgames and https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar, which carry different announcements! R108 was announced on one, the patches and changes to 108 on the other.... why??) and hope you do not miss something - a terrible example of a closed loop that only talks to the already 'initiated'.

Sea Bear, FrostII, StarLord and 6 others like this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

* The graphic will be changed to reflect the Monthly scheduled stream broadcast on the day after release
    * Our OBS cloud account was sending Twitter notifications to the corporate account instead of the SotA account, this has been corrected.
    * Twitch's scheduling tool only allows for weekly recurring streams. I have deleted that schedule and manually added the last Friday of the month through April. (making this a manual process)

FBohler, FrostII, mhberglund and 7 others like this.
  3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Appreciate the quick reply, that's a great start - still, though, I am unclear where the world (not just those of us already involved) will be told when streams are coming. Even if it's announced with early posts on the forum (warning a decent time in advance is important, especially when we are not all in the same time zones and need to plan out time to watch) and it's mentioned on Twitter - for as long as that may last! - it's still looking like only people already following on the forums, Twitter and Twitch will be told.

Showing the new stuff is important to let people generally know the game is still alive and adding content, and the streams are great for that - except how are people to know about them? The last thing I recall hearing in any detail was that plans for a big advertising and publicity push had been put on hold because Amazon had pretty much bought out the available marketing areas for their release of New World, and that's been, gone and settled into it's likely market niche so surely the SotA publicity plans can be brought in to play at last? We all want more players and more life in the game, but I still don't see any actual plans to try do that, a lot of aspirations and intentions but we have had those for a long, long time....

I appreciate the 'small team/lot of pressure' situation, and I know it's not easy to cover these things - but they need doing, and my feeling for a while now is we have dedicated people who really want to do well, and to have the game prosper - but the actual management of the detail, boring though it may be, is constantly being left while firefighting like the 108 release or working on the new content is done. Necessary, of course - but that other 'business' part of being visible, attracting people and raising awareness is lacking. We have one of the best, and also one of the least visible,and very underrated, mmos out there. Never going to be the next WoW, but there surely is an audience out there that we are just not reaching.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.