1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please consider giving decorated cake slices a maker's mark

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, Mar 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Currently decorated cake slices are one of the very few foods that can be placed as a decoration and is the only food that is dyable.

This makes it the best food currently for a professional chef to be able to advertise their cooking by spending the time to individually dye and prepare cakes for display.

I think one thing that could be a really fun contest could be for someone to be able to sell decorated cake slices to a vendor and whoever gets the "golden cake" is the winner. In order for this to happen, the cake would need to have a maker's mark so it can be verified as well as sold to NPC vendors to appear in the loot table.

My recommendation would also be to increase the ingredient cost a bit as a balance for the significant buff it has received; but I doubt I will get any love for that recommendation. :oops:

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if they have maker's marks, they can't stack, even if they haven't been dyed.

Wilfred, Anpu and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  3. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I am okay with this, also why I think it would be prudent to increase the component cost considering that they are a cooking food buff so they are going to be a rarely eaten food to begin with, should probably have the highest fixed cost of any craft-able food, as it functions mostly as a decoration.

I would be okay with using the current ingredient cost to make 1 slice, honestly, then only making 50 at a time at most is reasonable and not hard to manage from an inventory perspective.

4. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

I much prefer to have items stack whenever possible. Maybe the devs could add an optional stamp to imprint crafted items with the maker's mark?

A maker's seal stamp could be added to the recipe as an optional crafting tool. Food crafted without the seal would not have a maker's mark and would be stackable. Food crafted with the seal would have a maker's mark but would not be stackable.

The seal could also be linked to the player's heraldry.

[​IMG]

-

[​IMG]

----------

Lained and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Ya I would prefer if more items could stack, of course.

But I believe that stacking items with a maker's mark would require some new tech, and I would prefer if we didn't wait for new tech to get low hanging fruit cool/more craft items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.