Please consider themed mobs the rest of us :)

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

One of the things I always liked is the ability for the developers to come out with themed scene throughout some of the releases. This happens during major holidays particularly, and it really kicks off with Halloween. F@!K YOU, Krampus.

The most recent example of this is the Envy boss.

I don't mean to besmirch these additions. It goes toward that request for group play. It's fun in a group. I saw Atos go with a group and because he was busy with the Community Stream he missed out on the kill. Apparently he went from 1-2 people in his group to the scene being overrun. That's real nice to watch. Thank you for that.

But that's pretty much the only way I can get to do those scenes, in a larger group. Which is okay. Those are group oriented activities.

My wishlist request is that the next upcoming thematic scene be something that can be grinded out by a solo or smaller group. It would be nice to have a new scene with new mobs that I could just go to and grind out for an hour or two. Something that has new mobs and can progress in difficulty as you traverse the area would benefit all types of play. Solos/small groups can grind, and larger groups can "raid" the end boss.

I noticed that part of the stream dealt with the mechanics, and how the envy-themed mobs were kept in one quadrant of the map. That was a great thing to do. Another thing I learned is that the envy-theme is also a daily quest. Kudo's to that idea. That part is a bit easier to partake in. I just avoid the Envy boss. So more of that but taking over a zone to spread out the mob difficulty would be nice.

Sorry for the rant. Suggest a theme if you like. :)

If I were to suggest a new mob, I'd go for goblins.

#MakeGrindingFunAgain

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I agree. Moreso, I like themed scenes. Krul, the Rise, Spectral mines, the Epitaph - these are scenes that tell a story.

Meanwhile, many scenes are focused on gameplay only. The new Mysterious Swamp comes to mind: the scene has very little structure and a smattering of enemies that don't seem to belong together. What do ancient mushrooms, burnt skeletons, kobolds, and reapers have in common?

Themed bosses and scenes are worth the effort :)

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

agreed.

i'd also really like to see seasonal quests with a unique item each year as a reward.

4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I would also like to see some content added that was not linked to boss farming.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but gotta laugh,

There are posts about "stop making content catered to Grinders"

Then there are posts "stop making content I can not Solo"

If players actually played the game there is plenty of content out there that meets most of that, just explore.

Special Seasonal Content needs to be exactly like it is, an extreme challenge, keep it up good job.

The saddest part is that some players can basically waltz thru any and all content so to them it is all just a cake walk. It is trying to cater to them that is gong to create the largest problem.

Oh wait it already is.

The Hendoman likes this.
  6. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

personally, i don't want the seasonal bosses removed or reduced in anyway. it is great content and always a good feature to have. i'd also like to see content for other types of play. i don't think asking for challenging seasonal quests is to much to ask. even seasonal crafted items, enchants, masterworks, etc would be very cool.

Gravidy likes this.
  7. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

An Envy Arch Angel is on @Chris "to do list", so stay tuned for more challenging group content.

Magnus Zarwaddim likes this.
  8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

It's not so much my intent to request the "stop making content created to Grinders" vs. "stop making content I can not Solo" posts, but more to point out thematic content. Something that fits into a story. And if you read carefully, I speak to all forms of play taking over an entire zone, including the harder content. There's nothing wrong with taking an entirely underutilized Tier 2/3/4 zone and making it to something that all forms of play can take advantage of. Right now that stuff is geared towards higher-end players, which is fine. All I am asking is have some spillover in the same zone and let people who cannot do that on their own or who cannot find a group to partake. Besides, that might lead to random PUG's, which IMHO are some of the best groups experiences (but can also be the worst).

Right now we have "grind" zones which have been ground to death. The Rise: run along this corridor, back and forth, killing the same 6-9 archers / mages / soldiers for 2 years. Krul: same. Twins Foothills: same. Ulfheim: same. Wynton's Folly: same. It's not to say there isn't places to go. It's to say that it's nice to see new mobs/mechanics being introduced. Yes, proof of concept is there for something like Krampus - but how about making that a mechanic for a bunch of new types of mobs?

And right now we have "stuff" I cannot solo if I wanted to. At level 109 I cannot solo big bosses. Being an Air/Death mage puts me at a significantly poorer advantage in that type of stuff - and as this is roleplay to an extent. I adapted somewhat: I took up Bludgeon; I leveled up my undead combat skills. But I don't want to have to take up Fire or any other school just to be able to partake. It leaves me feeling left out of content because, guess what, I don't see many people grouping up. Yes, I know guildies and friends might do this, but that is off the radar. You know in the last three months all I see in Group Finder is UT. Kudo's to the person who ran an Ravensmoore/Ruins party the other day - that's one of the few times I've seen something outside of UT.

Gravidy likes this.
  9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Yeah, this is kind of the point that is overlooked. Don't get me wrong: bosses/raids are fun, but if you cannot handle that solo or in a small group you are out of luck. And there are people out there that can farm that stuff solo. It's just you see these cool new mobs with interesting mechanics and wonder, where are their underlings? Are the bosses hogging all the mechanics and not sharing? :)

And is there anything wrong with suggesting more layers of this new content be implemented for everyone to enjoy?

Gravidy likes this.
  10. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

For me I know I can solo many of the bosses and for those I can't, I can always group up for it. My main issue is that i don't particularly like boss farming, it bores me.

Magnus Zarwaddim likes this.
  11. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Like the big nasty bear in Elysian Foothills?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.