Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please consolidate decorative items - items won't stack

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Mugly Wumple, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Many decorative items do not stack
    These items are identical and all have zero value. Some will stack but many will not stack.
    Ceramic cups
    Ceramic mugs
    Pewter cups
    pewter mugs
    wooden mugs

Two versions of many items, with values of either 0 or 1, hence do not stack. It would be convenient if they had the same value and could stack.
    Square Jars
    Vials A, B, C and D
    Wood Serving Plate
    Pewter jugs
    Filled test tube rack
    All the various candles

Paladin Michael likes this.
  2. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

This is what I mean.
    [​IMG]

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The cups and mugs (and goblets) were changed in R55 and no longer stack. Apparently this has something to do with that they can be equipped. Perhaps they didn't want you to equip a stack of mugs all at once. The existing stacks you have predate R55. I'd like to see this changed back if there's not some really important reason for the change.
    The zero-value items are stolen deco, and that is why they have zero value. They do not stack with non-stolen deco because they are not the same object. A stack is a bunch of exactly alike items that have no distinction between each other. Instead of having a dozen items, they are collapsed to a single item and a quantity.
    Note that there a few items that have a zero value even when not stolen (like arrows), but there's still a difference between zero value and no value. The craziest case is that I have three stacks of arrows in my main box. The odd ones may have been from the arrows at the practice range in Solace Bridge.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Were that consistently the case. None of those items were stolen (tagged red), none of them were purchased. They were all collected from enemy habitats, dungeons and ruins. Although with a lot of this showing up as loot now, that may explain the difference. I find it unlikely, tho possible that the ones valued at 1 have been gathered as (practically worthless) loot.
    My intentions were to collect all the ABANDONED deco items, create sets and sell them for cheap to folks wanting to decorate.

I have been collecting for awhile, so the pre/post R55 makes sense.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

By "tagged red" do you mean the "private property" thing? That's just a bonus to losing your virtue. "Stolen deco" is often used to refer to any deco taken from the world anywhere. Those are all marked as "No value". They are marked no value because it would be too easy to grab a pack load of junk and sell it to NPCs for free gold. And because they are marked no value, they can't be stacked with items that have a value and can be sold to NPCs. And this has been going on since long before persistence, aside from recently being added to loot tables.

I've been tossing any no-value deco I have whenever I find the new loot drop deco of the same item, with a few exceptions like the golden goblets.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There are all sorts of inconsistencies with stacking. Some crafted decor stacks, other crafted decor doesn't, with little rhyme or reason.

7. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

Equipables cannot stack. There were previously two versions of the same items. A deco mug that stacked and an equipable one that did not. Now they can each be used as an equipable or a decoration and each items appears the same in the inventory. When items are switched from stackable to not stackable, unless we run a migration on the data, they will remain stacked until you unstack them.

Decorations that are crafted need to not stack or they will not show the "Crafted by" information. A majority of crafted items are this way but not all.

Elwyn likes this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This is all rather problematic with the limits placed on the number of items that can be stored in a container and it further makes Darkstarr's proposal to add inventory limits based on total items a nightmare as well.

Barugon likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Personally, I would rather not have a "Crafted By" label if it means that I can stack those items.

Mishikal likes this.
  10. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I agree . If they make the limit to say 1000 items ..what happens when i start crafting 5000 wolf hats that do not stack ?

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.