Please give us a period of time without the essence cost for combining Artifacts.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bridge Troll, Apr 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I really did try to get details about how combining was going to change prior to the patch - my concern was mainly about the quality differences before and after. I was given the impression that we would have to salvage old items to be able to combine with new, so I stored my artifacts and waited until the patch dropped to do the combines.

I had no idea you were going to add a ridiculous amount of essences to advance an item. Now I have to find a kabillion essences, which rarely drop - or salvage an item to get ONE essence. I need a TON of these.

I am not asking for a back-out of everything, but could you give us a grace period without the essence requirement? An alternative may be to add essences to the salvage of the old items.

Please respond and let me know if there is any hope of this, I have been waiting weeks to make my legendaries already.

Thanks.

Saesa and Net like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You aren’t currently able to obtain a large number of artifacts that you can just use to salvage the essence from?

3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

No. I have been farming boars. Everything they drop is useful to me. Host farming has given me a total of one ancient essence.

Net likes this.
  4. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

I see many being sold on player vendors in many towns

Anpu likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Retlaw, Net, Echondas and 3 others like this.
  6. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Got the answer from Elgarion on the stream today. I think I understood him to say that there are so many artifacts dropping now that I should be able to find something I don't want and sacrifice it. Problem is - I am goal-oriented. Thanks to recent patches I am currently collecting 168 of all the tamer artifacts from boars. Boars that do not have other artifacts in the loot table. So once again this game is making me spend time doing things I am not interested in in order to meet the goals I have. This is the worst thing about this game. If you want to advance in levels go stand at a CP... now if you want tamer gear go farm your heart out, then go farm more artifacts, (but only ones you don't want) to be able to make them. Absolute madness.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Couldn't you just farm more boars? Or once you start getting too many of one sort of artifact, you can salvage those while you farm the missing ones?

8. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I could. I will do whatever. Too angry to discuss. You know the core of the problem is the lack of communication about changes. I now have about 180 artifacts that I need to combine that I had no idea I would need to gather essences for. So pissed. If the full extent of the change had been effectively communicated I would have done my combines before the patch, then I wouldnt need a HELL OF A LOT of these essences because the combines would not require them. You guys should let us combine old with old without essences - this is a screwed up change. We are being punished because you guys didn't let us know what would happen - again. Its like an old, skipping record.

Net, Duke Gréagóir and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, it kind of sucks, that I have a lot of common artis I did not combine before the change... because I did not know about the change. I do not use them all, so I guess I will use some for essence, but it is really annoying.

StarLord and Duke Gréagóir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.