Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please implement 'currency' system ASAP

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I think years now, Dev team says they will implement a (eventually impending) actual currency system.
    They have said they agree and will do it. (my understanding)
    I think it's now more important than ever, with Novia now online as a whole, it isn't justified (for economy) that Gold is the base currency at it's current value equivalent.
    Suggestion is to reduce Gold so that gold value is reduced by a factor of 3 (roughly) and a currect Gold piece will now equal 10 brass pieces.
    Gold (10:1) Silver (10:1) Brass (10:1)

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why would this be needed?

Chatele and Quenton like this.
  3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I could have swore there was no intention remaining (if there ever was any) to change the single currency "gold" system we have in game right now... someone please point me to evidence to the contrary if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

They have mentioned it in the past. At one point I actually thought we were very close to having players "mint" their own currencies (something I'd personally love to see). However, the last time this was brought up, I believe they did say that they had decided against any changes and we would only have gold.

I too don't know what exactly the OP thinks the need is here. Other than it being very cool, I don't know how it would improve the game.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Two issues being talked about. Gold as an object, would let you easier share currency with others, dropping it off in chests; as well as affect the gameplay in other ways.

The benefit of doing it in a multi-tier fashion would be to be able to convert a lot of small value coins to a smaller amount of large value coins. So you spend a day grinding 20K copper off mobs, and then convert it to a few gold coins. (Which would also make gold more valuable).

6. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I loved some old Ultima's system where we got multiple currencies, NPCs that would do exchange (for a fee, obviously) and cities with exclusive items only sold in local currency (from NPCs).

This could for sure come here:
    - Commission-Free vendors would accept any currency type for listing items.
    - City vendors and public vendors would only deal in local coin.
    - Exclusive items in different cities
    - Gold is not just a number, it is physical and it has weight... no more wandering around with 20M on your pocket.
    - Gold nuggets, gold bars, precious gems, all having values to NPCs (and weight too)...
    - Dungeons having some treasures for looting or as part of quests.
    - A bit of currency flutuations happening given the request/offer...
    - Currency exchange NPCs could have a fee (money sink). Players could exchange money too (maybe for lower fees)...
    - Different location mobs and different humanoid mobs having different kind of coin in their pockets.

Etc...

But i don't think this would make up in Ep. 1...

Oh, and for system implementation, you get a couple of months for currency exchange with NPCs from the actual gold without any fees or price variations involved.

Yeah, that would be nice to see. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.