Please include the rewards program backers in the livestream prize entry

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Spoon, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Agree?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2018.
  1. Yay, include it please

45.5%
  2. Nay, no need the livestream should encourage live participation

51.5%
  3. Wut?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bah humbug

3.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This is more a question and then if true a request for change.

From the livestream announcement:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=98131
    This seems to indicate that for those loyal backers who has signed up for the Rewards Program are not included in such prizening.
    The same indication is given by the Rewards Program page which doesn't mention it either.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=77345

So is this the case? @Serafina In that the Rewards Program although it counts towards the stretch goals etc it seems that it does not count as 'purchasing' an item during the livestream and thus not qualify for the prizening???

If that is the case could one please petition a consideration that it should be included and advertised as one of the grand features of the program?
    This since I know it would make a big difference for folks in certain timezones.

Thank you

Spoon

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I agree! I think most people in USA cant watch them since we have to work. I end up getting home at 5PM and watching the last few hours then going back to the start the next day and watch while playing. Its only fare to all who are in time zones who cant see it.

3. Morgana Pendragon

Morgana Pendragon Avatar

Fully Disagree: not a viable idea because of the existence of the alt accounts.

(This is the official statement of the Elene Sali Bug Academy.)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I am for it, because I am usually travelling when they do the live streams, but I also think that those who are actively watching should be rewarded more than those who are passively participating.

Maybe meet a quarter of the way? Have the first (or one of) the hourly "prizenings" include those who are subscribing, and the rest normal?

Witcheypoo and Spoon like this.
  5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It would be extremely simple to be "present" via alt multiboxing. If the other qualifier is "purchasing any item from our store during the livestream", then your subscribers are already meeting that wicket, and should be likewise included.

Also, alts are totally able to meet the purchase requirement as well... just log in and buy something on each of your accounts and make a $5 purchase (which PLENTY of people have proven they will do to acquire the extra shinies!)

Witcheypoo likes this.
  6. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I'd be happy with those times, for me in the UK these things usually run late night/early morning for us, and it gets worse as you head further east from here... plus Fridays are the one 'social' evening I have in the week and it's getting painful constantly cancelling those once a month! I know signing up for the rewards programme gets me the stretch goal items, so I'm not massively disappointed about missing the prize draws (though of course I would not turn down being automatically included in then for free) - but as pointed out, as I have three accounts all with 'subscriptions', it's a bit unfair I'd suddenly treble my chances in the draw without even being 'at' the livestream.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I think participation should be enticingly encouraged. We get a lot of good information from these livestreams and get to know the devs better. What if there was one drawing that was a rewards participants drawing only? I think that would give another incentive to the rewards program and not force participation in the livestream. For myself I never want to miss them but that is just me ;) I am almost always excited for what is going to happen in the future plans of the project. I still do wish for things of course but we are still a young game. ;)

8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I voted Nay and I miss them a lot . I totally agree with the participation part.
    I don't know, it kinda feels like a Spoonful of greed. J/K Spoon! :p But I did vote Nay :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.