1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please let us salvage Mugs and Pipes for patterns for Ankhs & Wands

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Not to get too philosophical about it but, what is a wand?

Would be nice if, through enchantment, the shape of my wands and implements could be altered to take a form more fitting to my RP playstyle.

Ideally COTO store Pipes & Mugs could yield an eternal pattern, while in game pipes and mugs would have a very rare chance of dropping a pattern when salvaged.

Thanks for considering. :)

Margaritte and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I love this! This is REALLY cool!

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You want a wand to look like a pipe without the pipe functionality?

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I see no reason why the emotes couldn't be made to work with the appropriate patterned item equipped.

5. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

While we're talking missing pattern items. I'd love to see a shepherd's crook pattern and also for offhand items to be able to be salvaged and the patterns applied to one handed weapons as well like the walking canes and jerik torches, for example.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'm not arguing against the idea here, but are there ANY patterns for things that are craftable items? i don't know if there's a hard rule against it but i can't think of an example.

Anpu, Elgarion and Margaritte like this.
  7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Maybe we need Cane and Crook item/patterns in the add on store. I'd buy it if I could use it on a one hander ;)

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As I was going through all the crafted clothing and misc equipped items that seem to only have appearance / RP purposes, it made me think a few things. To me, just giving them value as items you'd wear at a social function (since they have either lower stats or stats, not as many bindings, straps, sheets etc. required, sometimes lower durability for enchants/masterworks, sometimes not enchantable/masterworkable), it feels like a waste of a crafted item. So for all those items I'm hoping to give them more purpose:
    • Patterns, absolutely.
    • Special innate stats, for some yes. Like Wizard's Hat (focus tree buffs?) or the farmer/peasant type gear (agriculture buffs?) etc.
    • Make sure all accept item effects from their straps/bindings etc. Even though they use less if any special ones, might as well make it possible.
    • Newly crafted ones should all feature the new durability standards, and all should be enchantable/masterworkable etc.
    • Allow patterns for off-hand artifacts and even the few off-hand crafted items so if you want your off-hand item to look like a cane, umbrella, etc... sure, why not?
    • I like the mug idea too... that'll be a lot of pattern work, but perhaps in another pass shortly after.
    No ETA on this project, but probably not too far off, and it'll likely come in smaller batches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.