Please Let Us Shatter Gems Into Fragments!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Please add a recipe to allow us to shatter gems into fragments!

2. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Why? As you well know we can get nearly unlimited fragments in the mines. Just curious.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Because it makes sense, and also my guild and I started running low on gem frags but had a bunch of overstocked gems, having that option possible would have been amazing!

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Heh. I suppose, with the craftable storefront, fragments are in higher demand. Gems don't sell that well to begin with.

Sea Bear and Jaesun like this.
  5. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Ahh, good point. Haven't crafted a storefront yet. Perhaps I should put some fragments on my vendors instead of changing them all into crystals then gems and jewels.

Sea Bear likes this.
  6. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Out of curiosity, what are you making with the fragments? Are they used in brewing recipes?

7. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Use them to make glass sheets and frosted lamps and all the elven lights. The sheets are used for green houses and other craftable housing.

8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Unfortunately, the way gems are currently valued for trade, and, (obviously related) in making gem/jewel socketed items and given the high gem drop rate, I too would support hitting gems with a hammer to make frags for glass making.

The real answer is perhaps, make gems (gem effects) more useful, so more valuable, and maybe the drop rate rarer and increase the fragment count to make a gem.

It doesn't make sense that someone would want to smash up sapphires and rubies to make glass for lamps because the items are more valuable / useful than the gem.

Moiseyev Trueden and Elrond like this.
  9. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

The fragments are worth more than the gems, currently, due to the way glass is manufactured. Would likely increase trade value of gems if you could shatter them.

Sea Bear, Jaesun and MFWalter like this.
  10. stile

stile Avatar

+1

Sea Bear and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah I always thought that recipe was a bit odd.

We should be able to get glass from Sand Elementals, when using Ignite Weapon. ;)

Sea Bear, Sole and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

On top of this, let us unsocket weapons. I put those gems in there, I should be able to pry em out and switch them. We could get fragments back.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There was a time when you could simply re-gem your equipment. You would lose the original gem(s) but it could be done. When they tied enchanting to the type of gem then they removed that feature. They will very likely not be allowing you to remove or replace the gems in your equipment ever again.

14. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

+1 on the gem smashing, ... been running around all over trying to find frags for 750 glass sheets, that's 18,000 plus fragments, plus extra for fails.

Brugas likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, what are you making that requires 750 glass sheets? :eek:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  16. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

If you're just making them into gems, I'll be happy to trade you gems for fragments. (I had to mine fragments lately to make glass for lights in one of my houses.)

And if what I have doesn't suit your exchange needs, I know others who would also be willing to make similar trades. Basically, there's not a good reason to make gems from fragments right now. Your far better off just finding someone who needs the fragments and bartering.

Sea Bear likes this.
  17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Crystal Palace City Home, of course.

Or perhaps... 250 Crystal Swords ? :)

Jaesun and Sea Bear like this.
  18. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The demand seems to be coming from a lot of the new elven furniture all of which requires emerald fragments (and new shogun lights, which require garnet fragments). People are getting gems they have nothing to do with from all the upper-tears grinding - which logically leads us to the gem-shattering request. I don't have an issue with being able to shatter gems, it makes sense. If 400 fragments =1 gem, than surely 1 gem = 400 fragments. Right? In fact if you think about it, shattering them makes a lot more sense than um...gluing them together? ;X

That being said, I think that gem fragments to glass is a bit of a silly recipe. Would make more sense to let us gather sand from any number of desert scenes and make glass out of it which would reduce fragment consumption to 'special colored light recipes only' eliminating the need to shatter gems. Being able to mass produce glass would allow us to have craftable versions of all the vials, flasks, and jars used in crafting as well as all of the decorative ones. I mean there's enough glass potential for a whole glassblowing -tree-. And I'll stop typing now before my digression goes way overboard.

20. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

This request was made during one of the recent telethons and DarkStarrr said himself said it's a good idea and they will add that recipe. He didn't say when though, so not sure when we can expect it.

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.