Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please make the Cloak "Shroud of the avatar" usable for patterns and color changes

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by gandik, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigg

Bigg Avatar

All I want is that it stays blacks for my character. As from a “rp” death knight type character I’ve built for myself it is extremely disappointing that I can’t figure out how to do things I enjoy without the SoB turning white. Then having to go lie to the same guy 50 times in a row then cuss out a beggar just to get it black again. I’m not going to tell my guild “ew sorry I can’t roll with you because... aesthetics ... that’s just absurd”.

My next question is if I’m so far into deceit that my stats on the cloak don’t even change when I do something in favor of truth like take out a siege boss(but yet it changes the shroud color). How is it I can have a white cloak? Shouldn’t it be permanently black? Or are the stats/shroud color bugged? I have no clue! Sorry for the rant just irritated at the whole shroud thing.

But another thought would be could we have an option to lose the head fx’s? And maybe if you have a black shroud the visuals on the draping parts look like the worn cloak all tattered! That would be cool imo.

Nog likes this.
  2. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

It would make more sense if the shroud was personalized rather then the same for everyone. At least make it so we can put our blazons on it. It can still go black or white with the glow with the blazon on it even if it was like a small square front and back of it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Daedwax likes this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Leave the bone steel crown as a head gear item. Avatars have already used these items in thier appropriate slots on their characters.

Changing this now like the crown to a belt slot is a slap in the face of those who are using the belt slot already. Don’t limit after the fact become someone cannot figure how to use their belt slot with what is available already.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I can't remember where but the original idea was for it to be a helm. A helm with stats would have competed with other helms. Then it became a cloak and the only cloak with stats. When it came in it was the only cloak with positive stats, which it wasn't supposed to have. And everyone had to wear it. Then Chris noticed that everyone hadn't it and looked alike. At the same time he realized it didn't have the negative stats so he added those. This was intended to make people decide if they really wanted to wear the cloak and hopefully everybody wouldn't look the same.

The original intent was never to have everybody look the same, that was a by-product of design changes and only positive effects. The cloak is a prime example of putting something not the game that is more powerful than anything else of its type, and a s a result everyone had to have it or not be competitive. They'll change that and have started to do that already.

But they've said in the past that they won't let you change its appearance.

Nog likes this.
  5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

So you know how it has that glowy halo-like proc around our heads? Why not make that indicative of our virtue but not the cloth itself. Seems to solve a lot of problems. I, too, do not feel like myself wearing it. I'm so sorry, and I do love the physics and its style, but it really doesn't reflect who I try to be in-game. I just don't want to go murder and steal to wear black :/

Nog and By Tor like this.
  6. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

7. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

F-IT.
    I'm saying it.
    Hide equipment is weak arse BS not worthy of SOTA because cowards want benefits without consequences of not looking pretty. Not all equipment allows you to look pretty if you want protection. You can't always look awesome when wearing protection.
    Period.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  8. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I have never worn the thing exept once, for like a minute after i got it, can we at least delete it ?
    Bankslots are expensive.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I beg to differ!

[​IMG]

:)

JohnL, Jaesun, By Tor and 2 others like this.
  10. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I vote awesome

Barugon likes this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

So... It is apparent that the Shroud's cloth is imbued with a powerful yet fragile magical essence that would be destroyed by aggressive processes like dying or applying patterns. This is understandable.

I have however heard a rumour of magical dyes and pattern essences that an old Mage Tailor has invented. I'm not sure of his location, or what rare materials are needed for his magical dyes, but I will search ceaselessly and let you know.

By Tor likes this.
  12. Almar

Almar Avatar

Bank box it is then!

I can do without looking like Simon Le Bonn in 1981 with a sword thx.

Anyway... it's *so* common.

13. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Can not bank it, can not delete it, the rag is yours forever if you want or not

Almar likes this.
  14. Almar

Almar Avatar

Really? Hope it's not heavy!

15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It's a quest item, so has no weight.

It's also likely to be used in Episode 2, so you wouldn't want to get rid of it anyway.

16. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Given how politics are right now i doubt i will be around for episode 2 ... (living in europe)

17. gandik

gandik Avatar

I will be very glad for any new information. thank you very much

18. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

I stand corrected...
    [​IMG]

Barugon likes this.
  19. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

How about just adding a Virtue Symbol to the shroud and have that symbol reflect the players current virtue, while at the same time allowing the shroud to be patterned/dyable.

20. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Or just not wear the rag....
    Serious, the stats are not OP at all and it adds neg stats too, and well...

min max is not about fashion style anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.