Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please make the CotO merchants public information

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Silis, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm really missing the advantage as well. None of this is on the live servers yet.

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The advantage is the information itself. One could conclude that the plans being made for R-35 may result in an increase in price of COTO. In that case, the person in possession of the plans could go out in the R-34 live and buy up all the cheap COTO on the market. After the R-35 is released and COTO value increases, the person sells at the higher price. People who did not have the information will complain unfairness, as they would never have offered to sell their COTO at the lower price if they had only known what the privileged few knew.

Katrina Bekers and Sator Faryn like this.
  3. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

The advantage is twofold.
    First, if you are someone who has bought a bundle, or wanted to buy one, and you now see that these are for sale in the next release, you may either quickly try to sell your items for the current price before the price drops down/adjusts to the new availability. Or you would hold off on purchasing one you were going to because once this patch hits you can buy it that way. Both are market advantages.

Second, if you believe this is something that adds utility to Coto's, then that means they will have a positive effect on the demand, which could potentially shift the price due to increased demand. Therefore you'd want to buy them now in preparation.

Technically there's a loose third that means you can use this knowledge to pre-stock or farm up money, then immediately buy these things and try to flip them on the forums for more than they're worth for people who don't bother finding the merchants/reading patch notes/realizing that was the item they're talking about, but that's implicit in the other two.

Sator Faryn likes this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I was thinking about this topic for a while.
    And I have to agree. Of course it's a speculation that the CotO prices will rise because of two exclusive houses. But beeing able to buy most of the new add on store houses for CotOs will surely rise the price. Dunno how much but it will rise.
    I would feel better if this information would go public. Rather sooner than later @DarkStarr

Sator Faryn likes this.
  5. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

If anything, gold farmers will turn on the heat and there will be an increased demand for RMT gold sales resulting in a higher number of COTO exchanges in game when the news is announced. I think the COTO exchange price in game will largely remain unchanged but with a short lived spike on the announcement. However it goes, I agree that anything having to do with changes to game mechanics that directly affect premium currencies should probably come through the news feed first where everyone can see it.

Wanted to edit this in: This news could actually tank the COTO in our forum marketplace. I think it'll only be a quick selloff, but it does highlight a need for different strategies on releasing information that involves currency mechanics. Swings in the market will be unavoidable but if Portalarium could come up with a policy about releasing news that has a high probability of affecting currency volatility, that would be awesome.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

These are interesting points for us to consider. Let me discuss with team.

7. DarkStarr

Ok after internal discussion we will announce today. Thank you all for the feedback. Good job community!

Umuri, Aldo, Sator Faryn and 8 others like this.
  8. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Also agree that if you put items from the add-on store into the game for COTO, the news release needs to go to all at the same time.

9. smack

smack Avatar

Thank you. @DarkStarr, would the team consider posting future draft release notes in the public forums moving forward? The benefit of Dev+ is the ability to play early releases on QA, not necessarily to proofread these notes. If anything, it may further entice non-Dev+ to bump up so they can try out the new features on QA that they're now aware of, especially considering the testing incentives program. Currently, as is, release notes are only published a couple days before they're pushed live, and that's not enough time to make use of the benefit, so nobody's gonna upgrade.

10. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

11. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I feel like the details would have been good to expand on here - yes, there may be some people trading based on some earlier information from the dev server, but at the same time the feedback is important.

For instance, I was very close to buying the largest bundle, ONLY because it had the Lynx pet. Crazy right? But I want it for my museum and I could sell some of the other items knowing they are bundle-exclusives (just like the Baron Imp is relatively rare). If they parcel off all the little sought after items in those bundles it lessens any value of those bundles, and people who participate in trading could provide feedback before those changes go live.

Thanks for the update @DarkStarr.

One could conclude that prices will go up, however people will still be purchasing COTO's and trying to get gold in the game - unless:

Coto's buy lottery tickets or there is an NPC vendor buying Coto's for gold (major faucet!)

...it would be difficult to see Coto's going up much in price relative to gold.

Anyone who wants these items in-game without the bundles may very well purchase COTO's from the store to buy these items in-game, not removing many from the supply at all.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  12. DarkStarr

To be clear we are only putting the items from the Add On Store on the Crown merchants, not the exclusive items like the Lynx

13. Silis

Silis Avatar

That is a very important clarification you might want to add to the announcement as well. I think it is implied and clear to those in the office there that speak of the bundle store and add-on store as separate but not as clear to the average user.

Sator Faryn and Alexander like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Andernut was not refering to the Pledge Lynx but to the
    "
    Winter Lynx Pet

This snow-white Winter Lynx is a non-combat pet that can follow you wherever you go.
    "
    which is a part of the Viking Bundles.

Sator Faryn likes this.
  15. Silis

Silis Avatar

That is definitely what I think some clarification is needed for. What Darkstarr I think is saying and is said in the post but not clear to users is that as the 'Bundle' store and 'add-on' store are separate, items that are being added to the COTO merchants are those that appear in both.

16. DarkStarr

correct

17. DarkStarr

Updated the post to make this clearer

Sator Faryn and Silis like this.
  18. moko

moko Avatar

Is it possible to consider making COTOs no weight items? Since they are not global in the bank if bought from other players or once received it would make traveling and buying from COTO merchants "on a whim" much more likely for me... They weight is not high with 0.1 per but it adds up :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.