Please make the Foyers usable as rooms!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woftam, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Did you also know that for over a year we could kill stuff from rocks ? So its not like this is some hard and fast thing... give us some leeway in deco please !

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I dont think the current examples are final as to what xp we get but point taken. a 30 minute tears run can get me ten times that with an adept group anyway.

THE coolest things we need from dungeons is not to have too many rules about where we can place spawners and to allow us to name them.... I want the mines of perinia in this game.... AND when we can connect them. That will be EPIC.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

All depends on what the design goals ultimately are though. Do Devs want players to be able to just create a fun experience.. or is it to allow players to create new public hunting zones? If it's a hunting zone then sure, you need those limits but I have a hard time imagining that to be the case when we have plenty of such areas already and a game design that can handle very high capacities through the use of instances.

Then again, I don't think player dungeons should be a source of XP as that is basically just inviting a certain group of players to try to exploit as much XP out of it as they can. (Like we don't have enough of that already). It just doesn't make sense to me to do it that way. You'd be creating more work for yourself than you need to.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Then you didn't hear very well. As has already been mentioned, they don't want deco and spawns in the same room, to prevent AI-breaking exploits. And until it's implemented (and maybe not even then), it isn't final. One possibility I've heard Chris mention is simply having a room stop spawning if it has any deco attached to it. This could also allow you to intentionally prevent a room from spawning anything, so that you can use it as a social space. I hope it works this way, but it depends on how easy it is to implement it that way.

You still can... if it has a ranged attack. (archer, mage, etc.)

Alley Oop and Addison like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

My hearing is fine. But I do tune out people that say argumentative things, and you're gonna be one.

That's not what I meant and I know that you know that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.