Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please put adventurer/producer level on paperdoll

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by brhanson2, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I understand it was there at one time. I do realize this is not a "level based" game but people know it exists and many of us are "stats" people.

Thanks!

Grimbone, Snikorts, Xandra7 and 7 others like this.
  2. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Please don't. Thank you.

Olthadir likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

please do not go back to this

make player play the game more not game the play.

game already is being min maxed to the point of player just want more because they figured out how to max out play already.

Since it is just a number it is not that big a deal

Olthadir likes this.
  4. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Please thank. Don't you. ;)

Adam Crow and Katrina Bekers like this.
  6. Selene

Selene Avatar

I would be fine with having to type /stats to see level if it didn't also mean finding my way into the chat logs on my computer... Please make /stats show in the chat window again.

Xandra7, Adam Crow, Gaelis and 5 others like this.
  7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

As long as your level helps determine your attack skill, please display either it or the attack skill itself.

GrayFog, Xandra7, Gaelis and 4 others like this.
  8. mass

mass Avatar

Probably an unpopular idea, but they really should choose one or the other: remove the data from /stats or put it conveniently in the UI. Do you want us to know or not know? Having it the way it is now is probably inconvenient and dissatisfying to both groups.

9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It should never have been removed in the first place.

Xandra7, Retro, Adam Crow and 12 others like this.
  10. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I love his addon, just feel I shouldnt have to have an outside program to make it easy to see. The game is obviously tracking it, lets make it configurable "Show adventure level on paperdoll Y/N". That should make everyone happy.

Retro, LoneStranger and Jivalax Azon like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A level 20 avatar should not be going to a high level dungeon with level 80+ avatars. He/she will never hit anything and will constantly die. The best way to know if an avatar is a reasonable match for a group is via the adventurer level.

Not knowing the adventurer level is simply not acceptable. It should be available directly in the game.

Xandra7, Gaelis and Preachyr like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

13. Net

Net Avatar

Please remove levels:p Nah seriously, either show us the levels, since they are part of calculations, or remove them from the math.

14. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I agree, put it back...

Adam Crow likes this.
  15. uhop

uhop Avatar

We actually have levels in the game: skulls on a pike in front of adventure areas. This is a very coarse scale, but it is already out there fully supported by Portalarium. While I can judge myself by visiting different adventure areas to see how it feels, I fully expect the same scale to be applied to players too.

When I started to play after the wipe I judged myself anyway as "1-skull player", "wow! now I am 2-skull player!", and switched up to higher skull areas, when I get positive results reliably in areas at my current level. So at any moment I knew my level anyway. Why hide?

Again, so it sinks in better: the levels are there, and right now they are on 1-to-5 skull scale. Player's level should be expressed in the same form, so we can match. The level number is in the game's code already probably represented in a different numeric form, and it makes no sense to hide it, just express it consistently, e.g., in skulls. At the moment hiding a level is just an annoyance, really, which leads to a bad UX.

@DarkStarr: please think about making it readily available, maybe as a magic belt or a necklace with 1-5 shrunken heads or skulls, or as any other decoration, or just a number on a paper doll --- I don't really care, I defer to the creativity of Portalarium to express it properly delighting customers.

PS: Yes, we can all argue about how good this skull scale is: it may be too rough, 1-5 is not enough, and so on, but it is the topic for another discussion.

16. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I should never have been put in in the first place.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  17. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I like the adventurer levels, and wouldn't mind being able to see it in game. But I'm fine being able to do stats and check them out.

18. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

It makes no sense to not be able to see relevant information about your character. Right now, adventurer level is relevant, so we should be able to see it.

What positive effect is there to hiding my character's information from me?

Dariog, GrayFog, SmokerKGB and 3 others like this.
  19. Net

Net Avatar

There is other way the game shows you your level. The enemies are green, yellow, orange, or red depending on "level difference" between oyu and them, green are no challlenge and low xp, red are (almost) impossible for you to solo, orange are challenge, yellow are most likely those you should manage well and still get decent xp. The game is not hiding your level from you all, it just refuses to show you the number in the UI for some reason:)

Gaelis and uhop like this.
  20. uhop

uhop Avatar

Yep, very good point. The reasons I didn't mention it:
    1. It is likely based on the same skull scale, at least judging by the number of levels, and coarseness.
    2. It is relative to a player, so if you tell me "Go to Deep Ravenwood --- all guys there are green", it is not going to be a big help for me.
    In order to be useful we have to have an absolute scale, which we have in 1-5 skulls on a pike.

Just imagine re-ranking all activity areas using a color scale --- people will have to re-learn the lay of the land every time their skills grow because colors will change, and some colors will be different. For example, for a 1-skull player all 3+-skull areas will be red, but when they advance to a 2-skull level, 3-skull areas will be orange, and 4+-skull areas will still red --- the only way to discover newly open orange areas will be to go around and inspect every single formerly red area.

But I digress --- nobody proposes to switch from skulls to colors. IMHO, colors is a good UX device to show at a glance just how strong your opponent is relative to you, which is the only thing that matters in a battle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.