Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please raise row lot external item count

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

A totally selfish request...? Well yes. Yes it is.

Now that I can't place pots indoors, I am limited to placing them on the front porch of my row lot. I'm limited to pots (due to size) and I'm limited to 5 pots (even though I have space for 8) because of the external item limit.

2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Why cant we place them indoors?

3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That was disabled in this release, to stop users from having ridiculous giant grow-ops in basements for instance.

The devs have already mentioned they intend to reimplement growing indoors in a future release, with a slower growth rate or some such limitation. :)

4EverLost likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, I agree its horrible. Last release I told people in my POT to set up their shops with a table outside showing the wares they were selling. They could maybe put a table and two things on it :D

I assumed it was for performance reasons, though.

@Duke Raas,

Slower growth rate, bah. The plants should die underground unless they have artificial light or are good at growing in the dark ;D

Bow Vale, 4EverLost and Duke Raas like this.
  5. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I would expect at least to have normal growth rates near windows indoors.

6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I dont think it ridiculous, I imagine if someone wants to put their time into such endeavours, they should be allowed. Especially in basements where there isn't any excuse for slowing down the game. Good news on them re allowing it though. I like gardening, usually...and i had big dreams of having a ridiculous basement growing area ...Granted light might be an issue, i would like it to take some form or reality so a slower growth rate would be ok for me for basements..unless I'm growing monster mushrooms..then i should get a faster rate of growth of course :)

7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

As for row lots and item count, well, I live in brooklyn, and lemme tell ya, you dont get a whole lot of space out front anywhere here. Its row lot city all over the place, so IRL, row lots dont have much in the way of space out front.

/thinks of moving to a "village lot" irl...

8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Two main reasons for lot limits. First is frame rate. I think we made solid progress on this for R26 but plenty more work to go. Second reason is for load times. We will work on these in the coming months but we probably won't make any changes to item counts until we see some improvements in that category.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.