Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please reconsider rare drop recipes being teachable

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Umuri, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree we need more of this type of thing. I am ok with discovering recipes and finding recipes in the world but to actually discover a recipe surprise while crafting would be really awesome. Like while making health potions you see a comment "You've discovered how to make Legendary Strength Potions" or it could be a fun potion as well, but just something to add some spice to crafting ;)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

See, i strongly disagree with the teachable thing.
    Various reasons have been given already...

And if you want to be an serious crafter/gatherer, you have to be an adventurer already anyway...

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well at the moment this is the way the game is, but we have recently lost some of our most dedicated crafters who would like to see crafting as a career and due to no crafting quests system, feasible work order system, there is a less than desired place for those type of players. I say we fight to promote that environment as an option for those types of players not just accept that it is lacking. Well IMO and not disagreeing against what you said, which is fine, just adding an IMO comment ;)

4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Oh i do not disagree with you either, i would enjoy having an crafting quest system or even an "order deed" system like in UO :p

5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Recipes that are not teachable are still tradeable so a crafter can trade for a recipe that an adventurer has found as a rare drop. Only one person can learn a recipe but it need not be the person who found it.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and GrayFog like this.
  6. Curt

Curt Avatar

Instead of rare drops they could make the recipies discoverable by doing potions of similar difficulity

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

I agree with your point that there's not much reason to adventure... but making adventuring about grinding over and over until you get a rare drop is not really adventuring either -- just more grinding -- which we have enough of --- so I have to challenge this approach a bit.

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, I know they can be traded. Its just frustrating that more crafting content is behind an adventuring wall. Crafting takes a lot of time ( I spent probably 20 hours this week smelting alone, not to mention mining the stuff in the first place). You can't make money at it, have to adventure to afford fuels. And now 'high level' monsters are dropping crafting recipes that crafters will have to grind money to buy. I just think recipes should be obtainable via a crafting method rather than yet another adventuring method. It would be nice. ;)

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I would love for them to re-visit the concept of Crafting Quests, where the most difficult ones rewards you with unique recipes.

For instance a quest that takes you through three four steps and then when proven yourself worthy you get things like:
    1. Please deliver 200 longswords and 200 kite shields to the army captain of Norgard in Estgard and he will give you the recipe of "Norgard mail".
    2. Please make a bone armor set and deliver it to the basement of the obsidians in Ardoris, he might even reward you if you play your cards right. *un-virtuous*
    3. We have a potential epidemic spreading through the Hidden Vale please bring the Alchemist in Kingsport 500 Cure Plague potions and she will give you the recipe of a Greater Potion.
    etc

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Nah i like rng drops better, I hate questing of any kind esp crafting ones.

Mabey make that another way to get the rng drops though.

11. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

This is just interdependency.

Adventuring content is also behind crafting walls (better equipment). A good system has adventurers and crafters interacting.

Adventurers who do not craft may have little use for the recipes and want powerful equipment rewards dropping instead - but this would leave out the crafters.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes this would be fantastic. :)

Spoon likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really like the idea of using quests to deliver rare recipes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.