Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Reconsider Tax Reduction See Details Inside

Discussion in 'Release 55 QA Feedback Forum' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

In order to maintain the value of current housing but still allow new players to gain housing please consider reducing tax on ONLY row lots to a 1/3 of the current price. This will prevent the 50% reduction of tax-free deed value but still be in the spirit of benefiting the new populus. @BurningToad

Chatele, Spinok, Rook Strife and 5 others like this.
  2. Shift

Shift Avatar

I think Lower taxes means more people owning multiple properties. I for one would love more property but current tax rates make it unsustainable. I personally hope that they cut taxes for all lots.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I wouldn't hurt to start with row lot tax first and see what the data say before adjust things further.

4. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Did you miss the part where tax free is losing 50% of the value? Sure if you have all taxed property it's a boon but the rest of us with tax-free are getting screwed.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Lower taxes will let me reconsider putting one of my 2 store bought taxable row lot deeds down again.
    Lower taxes for everybody and we all win.

Mac2, Daigoji Gai, K1000 and 2 others like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

More Avatars able to own a home will benefit all of us.

Mac2, Daigoji Gai, Xandra7 and 5 others like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Are you holding tax free deeds to use them or sell them ?

8. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Possibly both but I should be able to maintain the value I put in rather than have it reduced. If I want to sell it to my neighbor for in-game gold the value is still less than it was to begin.. It's not a win win for everyone..

9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok, then it's a win-win for everyone except those who hold the deeds to sell.

Daigoji Gai, econner and Baratan like this.
  10. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Agreed, there was a lot of specilative buying going on where people would buy with the expectation that the value will increasee or stay the same. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose... right now housing is a huge turnoff for new players that can’t see themselves working their way op through the lots to finally get their dream home. Of this helps with that and brings new players in then great maybe your value will go back up with more people to sell too. Or we just don’t get new players the game tanks and you dead is worth 0 and not 50%.

Hmmm....

Mac2, Vodalian, FrostII and 6 others like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you didn't see Friday's livestream, they're lowering taxes.

Chatele likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It's more important to me that we have a game. Players need to be able to reasonably keep their lots up with some work of course but not to the demand on their time it has been taking. A game that advertises housing needs it to be reasonable. I feel 500 a week for row size is reasonable.

I never got my pledge to make money off this game. I'm here for the long term.

13. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Bingo!

What ever it takes to keep the game alive is all that matters at this point.

14. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Sorry but holding deeds as speculation to make real life profit neatly sums up the problem this game has.

What the game needs is much cheaper purchase prices for lot deeds (especially row lots) as well as the cheaper rents. Then maybe, just maybe POTS won't be ghost towns. The assumption that most people are willing to pay big money for nothing more than pixels in a game is for me deeply flawed and has been a big mistake by Port.

Xandra7, K1000, Stundorn and 2 others like this.
  15. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

From one point of view I have so much taxed deeds, I think I pay around 10k per day so it is great news for me. From another side I understand that it is a bad call to all tax-free deed owners and for me too I think I have around 5-6 tax free village deed. May be increase decoration limits to tax-free deeds or think about other bonuses which would not let the price on tax free deeds drop significantly. If nothing would be given instead, many questions would be asked. Devs should be very careful when they make such steps and don't forget that igg=$ in this game. So how many dozens of thousands dollars players will lose with this step ? Its a very big sum.

16. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Coming from someone with many tax free deeds, I am glad they are lowering taxes and I think a 50% reduction is appropriate. But I will say they should never completely get rid of taxes, I think that would be a huge mistake at this point. I wouldn't mind a progressive tax perhaps. For example the first row lot deed is free, the second is 250 per day, the third is 500 per day etc.

It's not just about the gold with the tax free, it's also about the convenience of not needing to remember to pay and not feel like I am 'losing' money if stuff on that vendor isn't selling.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  17. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I'd be happy if they just allowed tax free deeds to have more house pets out :)

18. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

I appreciate all the points listed, but as one who has purchased TF deeds before and since launch because of their inherent value, and now seeing their values plummet, it's just not right IMO. I feel violated.

@DarkStarr , can I have 1/3 of my RMT value back for the TF deeds I purchased? Will you be lowering the bundle prices by 1/3? No? Then, with all due respect, please think of a better way to reduce the tax impact on new players that doesn't completely unbalance the investment that loyal players have thus far contributed to the development of the game.

Yea, I know many will take issue with what I'm writing, but this news really stings.... :mad:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Kain Darkmoor and Jackrabbit like this.
  19. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

ok, so we can put you down as a 'yes' for complete wipe to even the playing field for new players?

It's pretty difficult to accept 'whatever it takes' to make up for bad decisions made by Portalarium against the advice of the people who actually play the game.

Two wrongs, don't make a right.

20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

These could be used to mitigate. If a tax free deed can have 1 extra pet/vendor in it, their value will stay and maybe even go up.

And don't forget the people with the magic staves or whatever that reduce taxes. Double the number of times they can be used per month. (I don't have one, but wish I did.)

Ryodin Stormwind and Spinok like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.