Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Reconsider Tax Reduction See Details Inside

Discussion in 'Release 55 QA Feedback Forum' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Something that might also work is having tiered tax rates for taxed houses that go along the line of how much can be stored in them and the amount of lighting. Then for tax free deeds have them always at the highest tier of the tax rate benefits. So something like this for rows.
    Tier 1 500 gold per week
    Internal:
    10 lights
    5 containers
    100 objects
    External:
    1 light
    1 pet
    Tier 2 2000 gold per week
    30 lights
    25 containers
    200 objects
    External:
    1 light
    1 pet
    5 objects
    Tier 3/tax free 3500 gold per week
    Internal:
    60 lights
    50 containers
    400 objects
    External:
    2 lights
    2 containers
    10 objects
    2 pets.
    This would help maintain a level of value for the tax free and yet allow more entry levels for players who would like a low cost alternative.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There has been good ideas to keep the value of tax-free with out risking the game and turning players away struggling with taxes. I don't like the tax rates as they are.

So One really nice idea I read earlier was that tax free deeds allows more active pets. Thank you whoever thought of it. Little things like this to keep value for them. Remember if you only look at what is you might miss what could be. We can figure it all out for the good of the game too. It shouldn't be either or.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Lord Andernut likes this.
  3. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

I think they’re going to offer a compensation to the TF deed owners, at least that seems fair.

Suggestions for options owner can select from.
    1) additional commission free vendor(s)
    2) have first take into the new land rush
    3) 75% discount or free house boat in new Episode 2
    4) earn gold/COTO daily until you recoup your loss.
    5) 75% off for add-on items.
    6) get free rare mount

Rook Strife and Dereck Visaard like this.
  4. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Do what it takes to get more players and bring people back, disregard trying to maintain the RMT value of things people already have. Portalarium never promised us that they would maintain certain values for things and they should be under no obligation to do so.
    Besides tax free is still better than less tax on a taxed deed.

5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Considering how many free plots i see tax free deed owners enjoy empty cities....
    face it, as things are few people bother with houses as long they do not need them to put an vendor in front.

I, I got me 350 bankslots, totally enough for my needs, and TAX FREE!

In other words i do not have an house and probably will never have one, it is not worth the bother.

6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

To people who think about RM worth of goods in the game, I think that is one of the problems Sota has.

There are many people who play to get away from real world problems, dragging real money speculation into games does make them leave.

Speculation does tend to make things more expensive, bad enough if it is for something as pointless as an house, but as soon we talk gear or ressources things will become ugly.

IF there is only an sniff of "RL money = win" in an game like Sota we will see sooner or later thumbleweed down the streets (between tax free deed houses in otherwise empty cities, and then nothing because the servers are offline.)

Me personally I rather delete my char and go elswhere than having to deal with RL money bartering in an game, it sucks on so many levels because it is an hidden price tag on an game creating an enviroment that is more fun for people with the cash to throw at ingame problems to make things easier.

People who do not have much money in RL will, for my opinion, resent that

It is bad enough that in RL even things like basic medicine preventng loss of life depends on ones personal wealth (worked long enough in healthcare to know what **** happens, how a few hundred bucks decide who survives and who not) that i definitly not need that **** in an game.

Chill, have fun, play, do not drag speculation into an game.

Funders got plenty of toys to have fun with, but speculation to make an buck in an game should be not the point, RL money should be not an point behond funding the game (I spend, in my opinion now, way to much on Sota myself, but never with the idea to make more money of it, or see one cent return)

Keep RL money out of the game, it is an negative influence. Tax free deeds, founder tools, workbenches, gear, animations, pets,all that stuff is plenty of convience and fun stuff only people who can afford to spend money on pledges can enjoy.
    You are already special enough, greed is not an good thing.

(and as said, i pledged too, not to an level to own a tax free deed but then i never was much interested in an house to begin with, it is not playstyle, even less so making money out of it)

Xandra7, Gorthyn and CarlNZ like this.
  7. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

It's a crowd funded game. Keeping real money out of the game is impossible, not to mention about 5 years too late. This game is shockingly NOT pay to win considering.

There are very very few people actively trying to make money off this game. Just because people buy and sell things on the market does not mean they are greedy or trying to make a buck.

8. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Oh absolutely put me down for a complete wipe. There should have been one March 26th. The fact that wipes stopped two years ago is just one of those bad decisions you mention.

Are you under some sort of impression that I don't think "bad decisions made by Portalarium against the advice of the people who actually play the game" is a real thing? Look at my posts for the last few days.

The current low player numbers are going to sink this ship, do whatever it takes, I think that's obvious. A closed game makes levels and tax free lots worthless by 100%.

9. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Tax free lots still have value and give a big advantage as long as there is a tax. I think having some extra features for the tax free lots is a good idea though as a trade off.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No
    I don't need them to do this. We are the ones who did RMT, well some did in the first place. They didn't stop it but they did not advocate it. They have no obligations to reimburse us for anything.

We are trying to get our game funded to continue on. I like the pet idea and it could be easier but I do not agree with all these demands. Whoever invested in this game for the cash that was their choice and on them and their risk not portalariums. They are busy getting a game made for us to play in.

Edited.

11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I have ten tax-free properties, and the majority of them (other than my pledge, really) were earned via in-game means, either by grinding gold and selling it to finance bundles, or buying tax free deeds outright at considerable cost of in-game gold.
    My properties will still be tax free, even if everyone's taxes are cut - nothing will change for me, and I have no problem with the change. If anything, I may put a couple of taxables down if it isn't going to drain my gold dry.

In almost every MMO I've played with a housing system over the past two decades the tax rate has been a negligible, nominal amount, there to ensure activity level, NOT to make a player grind to pay a mortgage. If anything I think this is a great change for the game. Even at 50% of current rates I think taxes are still much higher than average (vs. other MMOs) so I'm still happy with my tax free investment - that, and I don't have to mess about with it, which is the biggest benefit for me : no fiddling with cotos, scepters, money, etc.

So yes, I think having more active players putting down houses and becoming part of communities is a GOOD thing, something that was being discouraged by a far too punitive cash sink

12. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

Yes, Ma'am. I'm going to walk away from this sensitive topic :)...Looks like we can stop debating on this topic. See message/change below.

"Row Lot Property Tax Reduction: We have always stated that we would analyze gold earning rates and balance our property tax rates against those. Based on the current average earn rate for gold we have decided to halve the current property tax rates on taxed Row Lot deeds."

Spinok likes this.
  13. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

lol

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I am in full agreement with the tax reduction if you have read anything I ever wrote. I have been rallying for it for a while. *Cheers*

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I am in full agreement with the tax reduction if you have read anything I ever wrote. I have been rallying for it for a while. *Cheers*

16. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I can agree we deserve something in return you just don't take away value without giving something in return whether it is allowing more items and NPCs on the tax free lots or more lighting ... SOMETHING in return for the cash we spent on our bundles... I would be perfectly fine with the tax reduction across the board if those tax free value reduction was compensated in someway.

17. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

#portalarium might have something to say about this, I doubt you're one of their best customers...

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Only the row lot will have it's tax reduced (by half). Your tax-free founder deeds are safe!

Spinok likes this.
  19. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Where did you get this info?

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

R55 release notes.

Spinok likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.