1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please remove duplicate items with identical properties.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Aug 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Please remove duplicate items with identical properties. And abolish one kind of COTOs - this is really nonsense - NOBODY IN THE FIRST MIND will sell them for 2 gold. Leave only one, i see no point in having such duplicates. See the screenshoots below.

Cost=NOTHING
    [​IMG]
    SAME BOOK, Cost =0
    [​IMG]
    Cost=NOTHING
    [​IMG]
    SAME BOOK, Cost =0
    [​IMG]
    COTO with cost=0, Bought
    [​IMG]

The above is a far from complete list of similar items in the game from SIGNIFICANTLY more. And if the items that spawn should be with a price of 0 or without the possibility of sale (which is the same, there is still no profit), then I see no reason to create such items in duplicate and not stackable.

COTO with cost=2, Looted
    [​IMG]

2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Some duplicates have already been consolidated (like arrows) and it would be cool to see more work along those lines. That said, I think some have differing versions for specific reasons, like the dropped vs purchased cotos (the ones from drops have the 2gp NPC value) being tracked separately through the economy. Once you make them the same item you can no longer do that.

I think there's a bug that causes it sometimes as well. For the first time the other day I had some silver ingots that wouldn't stack with others I'd made, and the same for some gold ingots. Since then a couple more items have popped up that seen as though they should stack, but don't.

Stealch likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's also to keep looted items (which have value) separate from stolen (which have 0 value) items. Mainly for scrapping; stolen stuff gives no xp for scrapping. Looted items do.

Not much though, but it'd still get exploited in a hot second.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

In my examples you can see the books, which can not be salvaged to scrap and don't have any value. This items really have not needed extra duplicates.
    Who track it? Users? I'm not think so. Developers and administrators can see all of COTOs which dropped and gathered in game log. So keep one type of COTO will be right.

5. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

This is the same rake that was stepped on in old good UO - too much same items, which can not be stacked. Thanks to developers for unlimited weight for all containers and unlimited item count for inventory, but item count limit for containers and non-stackable same items - this is old bad idea from original UO. I hope it will be fixed soon.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

...yet.

I doubt it's going to change, though. I forgot to say before, it also affects selling to NPCs. Looted items can (usually) be sold, stolen items can't.
    I would guess the devs want to main the distinction at least for that reason.

7. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Users can track just the drops through the API, but because dropped cotos are different than purchased cotos devs can track them through the economy. So if someone buys 3900 coto item, they can see if it was purchased with dropped cotos, purchased cotos, or a mix. Same with cotos on vendors, major repairs, exchanged between players, etc. They've stated before that it's a valuable thing to be able to do.

Anpu, FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree that it would be nice to see more duplicative items like this combined in inventory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.