Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please remove the PVP Stats window

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The PVP stats window shows up by default whenever you enter a pvp scene, however it (very correctly) does not show players that are not in your group (I believe). In any event, it would be preferable if this window did not show up by default or it was removed entirely from the game.

What happens is that it's now taking up screen space and requires me to X out of it at the worst time (when you first enter a pvp scene). So it's annoying but also impractical.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I will second that it is just annoying, and i dont see it serving any purpose.

3. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

4. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

correct me if I'm wrong, but once you've targeted another player (not in your group) they stay on the list indefinitely, unless they leave the zone. It lets you know they're still there... somewhere.. Seems useful to me at least! also if they have 0 kills and 5 deaths, probably not going to be a threat to you. But if they're 5 and 0, watch out!

Net, x_Selene_x, Spinok and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

umh... this is true.. but i never see anyone on these scenes... (probably because if there is any one .. he can kill new player on scene very fast waiting at the starting point)

6. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I had fun last night in Blood Bay, it was fun avoiding the 5 and 0 as long as you keep your guard up and know the terrain. Also stealth helps a ton :) Although I agree, camping the spawn-in point needs addressing asap. I cannot speak from experience, I was able to zone in, and run around exploring for an hour before running into some PKs, successfully escaping, then was able to avoid them for another hour or so before letting my guard down and getting stomped. All in all, good time was had, I'm nowhere near high level and the only pvp skill I have is stealth @ around 40.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Sara Dreygon, Vas Corp Por and Net like this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't think it's anyone's business if someone is in a scene or not.

evillego6 likes this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

I would love at the very least see question marks for players I have yet not seen but who are in the scene. As you do in all the PvE scenes for PvP flagged players. Once you manage to target them (or when you party with them, and imho it should work for anyone on friend list) you should see those people. I agree that the empty window is useless, but I think that in most cases it does not hurt to know how many people are in the scene. I think that that particular window should work preetty much the same way in PvP and PvE scenes.

Also I think the scene master should be in bold or different colour even if it is differently coloured question mark. Unfortunatelly a lot fo bugs I encounter tend to be about me not being scene master, but it is hard to know whether I am or not wwhen I cannot check.

9. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I like this idea, will pass on.

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.