Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Return Damage Resistance Back To Pre-53

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by By Tor, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Just wanted to compare basic armor of each class. This is founder armor except the chain is NPC armor. Bone Armor bronze with no defense EN/MW. I have only 1 point in Heavy Armor. Plate doesn't look much better than chain but fizzle rate is huge.

[​IMG]

2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You mean I should not expect to be able to tank a few enemies with rusted weapons in my enchanted masterworked epic plate of invulnerability ? :p

Maybe when I have so much XP I dunno what to do with it, I'll look at the pure melee build again... but in the meantime it slows me down abysmally, so I'm stuck with boring tier 1-3 content to grind.

I admire your stubbornness :) what adv level did you manage and how fast ?

Roycestein Kaelstrom and By Tor like this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thanks, that is exactly what we mean... at least before, the defensive buffs raised that resist a bit higher... as I said while the "bug" was going on I had with all buffs 36 something resist. That is far from overpowered, I still would get chomped down in tier 4+ areas...Heck I couldn't even complete grannus colossus then, imagine now... We tried it yesterday two full plate tank/defensive warriors I'm lvl 70 he was 86... we got owned so fast it was ridiculous.

We called out level 100 friend and he killed everything naked in seconds. He's an offensive type tank build usually... but he laughed at the IMMENSE gap in effectiveness, thats why he removed all his armor and showed us it made no difference for him.

If we remove our armor... we're easy game, but WE needed to get nerfed.

I mean common if you need to nerf something its OBVIOUS what needs to be nerfed with a LOG curve.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

As I said, I have nothing personal with you I'm not feeling even the slightest bit irritated.

I see through this screen and can read between the lines, your intention to help is unscathed by any of my comments. Peace bro :)

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Depends what you mean by a "few?" :)

As for how fast I got to where.. I really couldn't answer that since 1: I'm not 'hardcore' and 2: I have a total of 7 characters. :) Granted 2 haven't really been played at all. If I put them all together I'd probably be somewhere in the 90s.. Bowen is 77? now.

I would stress that as I plan to be here for the long haul, I have no need to rush. So I don't particularly care how fast I level. I am playing my character more than I am playing the game.

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats perfect... so its clear you're around the same level as I am you probably also have "sub-par" equipment :p lol

But your talent in immersion and patience shines in this. I'm just trying to play along with my guild and I get bored with repetitive content that seems artificially challenging.

It's like killing ghosts... its a good challenge for my build, I have 0 resistance to death magic etc... but then... it drops less gold than a basic skeleton I can kill in a few seconds. The progression curve should be smooth and invite me to take on a challenge... not invite me to play it safe all the time.

So the perspective game works both ways... I would love to accept my setback as you do, but it should at least pay for my adventuring expenses... and right now my gold is at a steady 15-20k I can never hope to get more in a long while.

Oh and I got this much only because my guildmates keep giving me expensive stuff to help me... I couldn't even afford my armor so I mined ressources (it took a LONG time, months) for a friend to produce one for me.

I feel less profitable than I was as a beggar in UO back in 1997 :p Not kidding...

So yeah... I expect as in R32 where the supposed bug happened, that I can handle 2-3 yellow berserkers and one archer... two archer was too much if you recall I gave those details.

That made sense... I was as I said slightly more effiscient in my farming rythm than ranged builds... but I was dying SO MUCH MORE, and my armor broke so much more and I had to use so much more potions and buffs and keep watching my screen like a hawk.

That is balance, so if it was a bug, then it was the best bug for casual melee build types ever. It created balance by accident.

At that level of resistance, I felt like it made sense.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's pretty hard for me to consider all this a set back when my gameplay hasn't changed at all since 3 or 4 months ago.

but then again.. that's more than I've ever been able to manage.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

As I said, not an easy task.

After a lil respec I will be able to do that and much more... it just is counter-intuitive for me.

9. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

@Diab Blackbow NPC Chain is Worse than unenchanted player made armor. So the comparison between chain and plate is actual worse than your example

10. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Wow, 19 pages in and still at it. It's great to see I am not the only melee left after the last "adjustment" in damage resistance. As far as armor, I believe a few different sets are needed. Full plate high str and damage (bronze) and (meteoric) for high resistance. I suggest chain since you will need to cast some spells to raise attunement. Get ready for NPC mages dropping different spells from different schools soon so you may want to get resistance in all the magic schools via attunement. In short, whether it's plate or chain it should be tailored for the specific activity you are going to do. So they capped our DR at 80 max, fine but @Chris
    Why don't you cap avoidance at 60 or lower so the squishes don't feel untouchable "grins". R/Boris/El Pirata.

11. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

@Chris should be allowed to design the game he feels best represents the vision of the great development team that has been assembled. I fully trust and support Portalarium's long term vision and plans.

The issues many of us have are related more to communication, timing, exp invested in significant number of skills now providing limited benefit & with that alack of 100% skill unlearn option for a change this major post launch (which many players returning for launch never knew about the previous 100% unlearn's), effect on casual players (who still equally support SOTA), and the current imbalance between the armors based upon DR/DA/Fizzle etc...

A change to DR as a game balance concept was not without merit.

12. Arkrilok

Arkrilok Avatar

*checks this thread to see if anyone cares/any changes coming*

Nope, still falling on deaf ears. Back to other games.

I was/wish I could still be excited about the livestream Friday, but why help raise money for a game that’s no longer fun due to a drastic post-launch change that completely nerfed my build and undid hundreds of hours of progress with, as Yipp mentioned, no opportunity to respec?

13. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

As far as i know: the only dev response to this thread was that "a handful of players are raging." So, im not expecting anything to change.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Damage Absorption was increased to almost pre-R51 levels. Don't expect anything more.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  15. Thomber

Thomber Avatar

+

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I put royal found chain on and the results are the same. I am comparing like armor.

Cordelayne and By Tor like this.
  17. coffeeislife

coffeeislife Avatar

Yeah, I do the same daily. Tried playing again last night. Still feels terrible, and now there's a bunch of missing materials. I like the core of this game, but the devs are incredibly unprofessional. No proper communication, no skill refunds, no qa at all (missing materials would be spotted instantly by a paid tester). I've changed my steam review to negative, and I'll put this game on ice till the next release. Maybe then I'll have maps on linux, maybe then I can play the build I want, and maybe then my eyes aren't bleeding from the terrible shining white and black bushes everywhere... Plenty of other games, with developers that approach their games professionally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.