Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Review Vendor Limits

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Vyrin, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Running a bookstore is becoming increasingly difficult for two main reasons...

1) Vendor limits remain at 100.
    2) Even identical books (copied at printing presses) cannot be stacked. (I know there are inherent limitations with individually created books.)

Over time, with more items, if not already with the options for weapons and armor, these constraints will be felt more broadly.

We are down to stocking only 1 copy of a particular book. We have no wiggle room with sales, we have to restock right away. Thank me for the paths that exist between Aerie, Central Brit and Estgard. I wore those down with my own two feet!

It was mentioned during the telethon (@DarkStarr) that an increase in limit would be considered. That's all I'm asking for is that consideration!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Even if they could be stacked, that would mean the customer had to buy the entire stack! Not like NPC shopkeepers that let you peel off a single item for purchase.

Vyrin likes this.
  3. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

Totally agree. I'm to the point of running into limits on my crafting supplies vendor now, so it's getting pared down to offering what's most profitable or sells most regularly, which might eventually lead to a lot of in-game vendors being clones of each other and possibly having to set up out-of-game storefronts to sell more unique or lower profit items that players want/need but don't make the Top 100 list of what makes sense to stock.

EDIT: Thinking about it further, while I'd be most thrilled if we could have the 400 slots that public vendors get, 250 would probably be a good minimum to provide a better customer experience - 100 for base stock you can count on for reliable sales to make rent, 100 for lower profit or slower moving items that offer convenience or extra value to your customers, and then 50 for experimental or high value, slow selling unique stock.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This should fix a lot of our problems. Imagine ONE stack of 100 scrolls on your vendor? Many problems solved.

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

The trouble with increasing limits on vendors would be that that the ones now in prime locations/good locations would bag even more of the trade, leaving 99% of others with a bigger vendor amount but still no/low sales with less chance of this increasing as the vendors in the good locations could stock even more items. Until the opportunities for the common trader are increased i don't think it wise to give even more monopoly to the few in prime locations where early money/amount begot them this position.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

We had a big debate about this in Discord the other day. Hard to know what the right amount is, but I come in on your side of "Beware! We could screw everyone except 1 vendor in each city."

Bow Vale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.