1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please show hypothetical set bonus on unequipped gear in tooltip

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Kelly O'Shay, Sep 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

09/25/2021 19:18
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16305
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GPU RAM: 8011
    SotA.Win.64.1448.Date.09.20.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Cottage Grove
    Area Display Name: Cottage Grove
    Loc: (41.0, 44.9, 81.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENvdHRhZ2UgR3JvdmV8KDQxLjAzMSwgNDQuODkxLCA4MS4zMTkpfCgwLCAwLjY2NiwgMCwgMC43NDYpfDM5Ny40MDMxfDQzLjE0MDh8OC42ODk5NjU=

DavidDC, Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that is correct, @Kelly O'Shay. the set bonus section of the tooltip reflects what you are currently wearing, not the item you are examining.

FBohler and Elgarion like this.
  3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

But, there are two windows showing. One is my current armor, the other is the armor I am examining.

The design is wrong if it shows the armor class of the armor I am wearing in the window of the item I am examining.

A correct design would show the armor class of the item I am examining in the window for the item I am examining.

The design should be corrected instead of just a wave of the hand explaining that whatever it shows is correct.
    @Sannio @Chris @Elgarion

Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Kelly,

This is currently as intended (where the current set bonus shows on both windows), however I see the point and agree, it would be great to have the window for the item being compared to show the set bonus as it would be if you *were* wearing it.

This should be entered into the wishlist forum, so I will move the thread for you. and I will tag @DavidDC as he would be the one to consider adding it to the plan of attack for the UI.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2021
    FBohler, Kelly O'Shay, Anpu and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.