Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please stop forcing me into PVP zones.

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Sir Aular Glorthalion, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

You know how there are partial truths.... like how you leave off an important part of a story because you know the information would hurt someone’s feelings....it’s not truly Lying, but more selective truth telling... it’s kinda like that.

There are ways you can go without going through PVP zones but I am going to not mention that unless you ask, just so some people will still take the PVP route because they don’t think to look or ask.... so not technically Forcing PVP, but....

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We will be adding dialogue clues about the alternate routes in R52

Albus, Beaumaris, Hazard and 16 others like this.
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

It's a PITA? ;)

[​IMG]

4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

...yes, because I always yell about anything with carbs in it... LOL

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Nuff said.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'll admit I was stressed out doing those quests because I could hardly handle 1 crag foothill elves at that time so meeting another player was a thought that terrified me.. after the 2nd one I noticed a 2nd exit which made me discover the underground paths, but at that point I actually started enjoying the thrill!

Now I'm glad to hear that they will add the extra dialogue for us, but I think it's an actual good thing to have those underground paths harder to find, makes impatient people go in those zones, feel their adrenaline rush and maybe get them to officially flag all the time!

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree so we should get the Devs attention to this while the game is being developed and before launch causing a lot of anger in some cases. @Berek will you please pass the world to the the quest writers to have NPCs mention ways to avoid the PVP routes in quest lines so players know there is a way to avoid PVP?

ok nevermind. Darkstarr has spoken they will give the dialogue clues for this problem. Thanks @DarkStarr :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Sir Aular Glorthalion likes this.
  8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

THIS is the real problem here. Unless it is obvious to everyone that there IS an alternate to going into the PvP zones, then this WILL be the case with a fair number of new people. We all know that a small percentage of the players that play any game are active in the forums for that game... This medium can not be assumed to be the way people get the facts straight. What if, in late March, there are a hundred people that find they agree with OP, and are not in the forums? What then? Risk them leaving over this?

Don't create any places where you can have this type of misunderstanding happen, or some people will walk away. It is nearly a guarantee. I wish these warnings didn't have to repeatedly come from the player-base.

*edit* It is great to see that R52 will bring some edits to the dialogue, and likely avoid my scenario. Good to see that the developers heed this type of thing.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    cobran and Xandra7 like this.
  9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Um... I can guarantee you that there are WAAAAAAY more people out there that are interested in SotA as it currently is than some sort of wild west 1997/98 UO type of environment. I'm sorry, but the game would fall on its face in weeks if it suddenly started to cater strictly toward PvP. There is a reason that there are very few games like that out there these days. I'd be willing to bet that less than 5% of the people that are in any way interested in this game want hardcore PvP.

I played UO when it was released (and for years after). I remember how exciting, and amazing it was that you could leave town and be killed by some murderer at any point. It sure was exciting. It was terrifying at times. That got old, however, when many people realized that we had to travel in groups, or often lose everything on your character in seconds. It got really old, and made it not very fun for me in particular, and many others. Perhaps the split of Trammel and Felucca wasn't the perfect way of taking care of an obvious problem, but was there a really good way to get it done? The player-base of UO nearly doubled shortly AFTER they split the PvP centric players from the PvE centric. Numbers don't lie. Those wild west days are over.

Elwyn, cobran, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
  10. brogan

brogan Avatar

I made a diagram of the Novia Underground a while ago. Clicking on a scene's node will open its map. Here's a link: http://bit.ly/noviaunderground

Jens_T, Spoon, Mykll and 6 others like this.
  11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is excellent work, going to use this instead of my scrawled-on-paper version, thank you so much for sharing it.

Mykll and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

I'm also working on a sotawiki article about the Underworld and the Oracle quest chain, which will include a map of the overworld and where underworld access points and connections exist. The vaults will be listed in the map. The wiki now seems to want to avoid spoilers, so I'll add markers when an article contains spoilers.

Nikko and Cordelayne like this.
  13. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

May I use this in a sotawiki article?

14. brogan

brogan Avatar

Sure, feel free to do so. Let me know if you find anything wrong on it, too.

15. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

That's awesome! I'd use that for sure.

16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Very nice!

17. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There is another way into the Confluence - through the south waterfall in Paladis Shardfall.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/?map_id=313

18. brogan

brogan Avatar

True. I omitted that since I made the diagram for getting to the Vaults without having to enter PvP zones and hadn't added any Shardfalls. I'll go ahead and add it soon, thanks.

discipleofweb likes this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

20. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

You also could use Solo Online mode ...
    As I wrote it just - moment - is this possible - no, not for pvp zones - sorry ;)

It would be ONE SIMPLE SOLUTION to follow the questline as we would like to do it ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.