Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please support Random Acts of Healing (RAoH)

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Audacity, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Dear Powers that Be,

Today is my second day playing. Love the game :)

I was so excited to finally get Healing Ray and made my way to a combat area ready to try it out. I quickly found someone fighting a mean ol bear but when I went behind him to give off a nice heal, I found out it didn't work on anyone outside of my party. That is so sad.

Please allow us to commit random acts of healing for people outside our group.

Best Wishes,

Audi

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's a fair amount of argument about this. Some players don't want people to be able to randomly heal them. I'm not one of them, but I can see their point.

3. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Like a lot of things already are in SOTA, they should make random healing a selectable option. :D
    Don't want "outside help" uncheck the option to enable random healing.
    Probably wont happen but that is my suggestion

Pickley, dankpit and Audacity like this.
  4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

It used to be this way. Unfortualy there are alot of "griefy" things you can do with healing.

1st is PvP. When doing pvp tornaments, certain contenders were getting outside healing help.
    People were also healing the enemy when trying to quickly target and selecting wrong person.
    There were quite a few issues with it in PvP alone.

Then on the flip side, if someone was fighting a monster, you could heal bomb them and steal aggro and troll them rather easy.
    No bueno.

Alley Oop and Solazur like this.
  5. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Grief healing is just so sad. I've never heard of this. Don't use the tool of good to be a meanie!

6. Selene

Selene Avatar

Plus there is the concern a strong healer could render a low level player almost invincible by healing them repeatedly out of party so they could power level.

If you want to heal someone, throw them a party invite and adventure together!

4EverLost likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

SotA works backwards from the way I was used to in FFXI. You can't heal because of the PvP factor, but neither do you get exclusive claim on the mob you are fighting. (And yes, pulling aggro was a thing, you had to stick around to make sure you didn't run off with the mob! But then you had a bonus in that you could help tank it for them too.)

So about all you can do when you see someone is in trouble is to help fight the mob. Hover nearby for a moment to make sure the person really is in trouble, then go nuts.

8. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

"remembers enemy guilds BRD's stealing Fafnir mid fight, by spaming group elegy songs :p"

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yeah, well I first played on PS2, so any time a bard sang a group buff nearby, the six VFX at once would bring my PS2 to a screeching halt. Even worse was dying in an NPC-vs-NPC battle, I'd be in 0.1 FPS mode (well, maybe 0.2) for minutes at a time. One time it took 5 minutes for the reraise confirmation to come up.

And I joined after the despawn patch, but a friend of mine has told me about the days when entrances to areas would be choked with aggro mobs after people ran for the zone line to escape aggro. (After the patch, only NMs could do it, much rarer.) It was a favorite grief tactic of beastmasters to Leave an aggro mob next to someone, especially when that someone was clearly RMT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.