Pledge Reward Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Koldar, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

You are correct it does say that less than Patron. So I think you should keep messaging them about this. It's a very confusing process they have going on.
    Any current pledge less than Patron that upgrades after August 31, 2015 will not receive any of the unique pledge rewards included in those tiers (regardless of Era: Royal Founders, Founders, and Benefactors).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Leelu, amaasing and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

In reviewing the wording of the Patron, Navigator, and Developer pledge expirations that occurred during the Summer Expiration Event of August 31, 2015, we can understand how they could be interpreted differently than we intended, and we apologize for the confusion this has caused. Please know that we are assessing the situation to determine next steps.

@Daxxe Diggler we will continue our communications with you via our Customer Service channel, and we will make a public post about this issue once we have completed our assessment. If anyone has any further feedback or comments regarding this topic, please send them to support@portalarium.com instead of posting them here.

dallas

P.S. I edited the comments that made reference to "legal" processes since any posts made in the SotA forums that intimate "Threats of Litigation" are in violation of our forum rules.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Thank you @dallas ! I look forward to continued investigation in this matter with support.

Also, sorry if any of my posts/comments inferred any type of legal stuff. I certainly never meant to threaten litigation and have remained confident I would be able to resolve this matter with Portalarium on my own.

4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Please do share your results - I have several persons I know affected by this and unfortunately people that I have assisted and shared the information as you understood it (which was reinforced by people with a Patron upgrading their pledge and having "Got it!" for those Navigator/Dev tiers). I wish this had been more clear, with specific examples and will hopefully guide further expiration events.

5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Although it would be somewhat of a task it would be very much appreciated if every one of the pledge rewards we actually have on our account was listed on our account page in a similar fashion to the hats and dark star rewards this way we can be certain of which rewards we are getting. Also next to the rewards you can specify what level we get them from such as royal founder, founder, benefit, and also what actual tier that item or reward is from like citizen or Edelmann. This would greatly reduce the number of confusions people have about what pledge rewards people are going to get at release and what part of their pledge they are getting them from.

6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

What would make the most sense, is if I had to be at or above a given pledge level before it expired, to be eligible for it. Any assumption otherwise is illogical. I do see that the wording seems a bit ambiguous, but really, if I think about the logic behind expiring a pledge level, it only makes sense to award it to those who reached it before it expired, and not to those who only surpassed it after it disappeared. Once it has expired, Portalarium needs to be able to take a total count of the number of physical pledge items there are, knowing there will never be more than that number. :(

In the end, this is an unfortunate case. I can see the good intentions, and accidental faults of both sides, and would not like to be in the position to pass judgement. ;-D Maybe the virtual items could be granted to those affected, but the physical items could not.. I'm not sure. Hopefully it can be made more clear in the future, that once a pledge level is expired, anyone below that pledge level will never be able to get those rewards.

Love to all! See you in game. ;-D

Cordelayne and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Mata

Mata Avatar

8. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

It was brought up in other places, but there was a question about the physical rewards. Can we expect to see these ship once Episode 1 has been released?

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

The alternative to expecting to see these ship... is to expect for them not to ship, so I would say - yes, we can expect to see these ship once it has been released (or maybe before).

I'm sure a good part of the phasing out is to firm up final numbers of physical items.

10. dallas

We have completed our assessment of the confusion regarding the wording of the Patron, Navigator, and Developer pledge expirations that occurred on August 31, 2015. We agree that our wording of those expirations can be interpreted differently than our intended meaning, so we are changing the delivery of those expired pledge rewards to match the interpretation that many of you have posted about here. Therefore, any backer that pledged to at least Patron level by August 31, 2015 will also receive the expired Navigator and Developer rewards when they upgrade above those expired pledges (i.e. Citizen or above).

@Daxxe Diggler you should now have the currently available digital rewards from the expired Navigator and Developer tiers in your inventory the next time you log into the game.

Once again, we apologize for the confusion regarding these expired pledges and appreciate your patience and generous support!

11. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

@dallas , always classy in responding and taking care of stuff :D

Duchess Fionwyn and Ice Queen like this.
  12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Though this doesn't affect me personally, I am glad this happened and @dallas was involved, I feel that this illustrates the need for crystal clear wording on what one gets and does not get. I know of a couple of backers that got frustrated and left because they upgraded for reward A or B and then later found the small-print that stated they didn't get what they thought they were getting.

I feel this will move Portalarium to further clarity in future announcements (though I'm not sure how many more of these there will be!).

I think that next on the clarity agenda should also be the pledge purchase pages. It would be nice if there was a way to tell by looking at your account, what rewards you had, and which rewards you were still eligible for as you upgrade. ie. as rewards expire and you are not eligible for them, the pertinent reward has it's text with a line through it. When it says only Pledges dated through November 2nd receive this reward - the uninformed assumption I would make is "This pledge says it was from 2013, therefore it must be eligible for the reward!"

13. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

14. dallas

Doing something like this has been on our backlog of tasks for a while now. Unfortunately, it is a major undertaking and will take time away from other game development tasks. We hope to be able to provide something like this as soon as we can squeeze it in with other high priority tasks.

15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

It's a nice to have but not a necessity to have for people who are familiar with the system (or those who ask someone who is familiar), where it hurts you a little is new players making pledges (or buying them).

I noticed the pledge page changed and now says "My Pledge" instead of "Got it!" next to all the pledge levels. Some more descriptions need to change, like the preview of each pledge:

[​IMG]

I'm very pleased to see the wording has changed on each page is becoming more clear.

Here is a list of the legacy wording:

Royal Artisan:
    -Episodes 2-3: says "Dated thru November 2nd" and would be clearer to say "Royal Artisan or higher prior to November 2nd, 2015"
    Virtual Collector:
    -Second Character Slot: should read "Virtual Collector or higher"
    Digital Explorer:
    -Episodes 1-5: should read "Digital Explorer or higher"
    Explorer:
    -Episodes 1-5: should read "Explorer or higher on date x"
    -Cloth Map - should read "Explorer or higher on date x"
    -Collectors Box - should read "Explorer or higher on date x"
    -Tangible Media - should read "Explorer or higher on date x"
    -Soundtrack - should read "Explorer or higher on date x"
    Collector:
    -Story of Mondain, Collectors Coin, Trinket (whatever that is), Runic Translation - should read "Collector or higher on date x"
    Patron:
    -Printed Blade of the Avatar - should read "Patron or higher on date x"
    -It is also Unclear from clicking on the tier whether you get the digital items from this tier, it is specific about the physical rewards in that tier, but not the digital ones.
    Ancestor:
    Third Character Slot: says "Dated thru November 2nd, 2015" and should read "Ancestor or higher, prior to November 2nd, 2015"
    Tombstone: should read "Ancestor or higher prior to January 4"
    Navigator: It should be clear from reading the page that the tier is only available to Patron or higher tiers prior to August 31st. Perhaps just add it to all reward lines.
    Developer: See above.
    Citizen :
    Blade of the Avatar: Says "Dated thru May 31, 2015" should read, Citizen or higher prior to May 31, 2015.
    Autographed Deed: Has Patron or Higher by August 31st, and then says "Completely expires by January 4th..." but should instead say, only available to pledges Citizen or Higher prior to January 4th.
    ***Village Lot Deed - On my page, as a Royal Founder, this shows now as a reward for only Benefactor Pledges and Land-Based Lots. Every pledge tier says this above this level as well. Even the pledge level I currently have is telling me my deed is a Benefactor Deed only for land-based lots I personally know my deed is a Founder Deed that can be used for water lots - so I can see confusion arising from this. Also - does upgrading to a higher pledge level now convert my Founder Deed to a Benefactor Deed? Further Clarification - Would a Founder Ancestor who upgrades their deed to Citizen have a Founder Deed that can be used to claim a water lot (they will still need to buy a water-based house, of which there are many many out there) - my expectation is the answer is "yes."

Whoops - Work beckons, I haven't looked at all the higher tiers yet, but I imagine all signed property deeds, lot descriptions, baron conferences, custom avatar for Duke pledges and VIP tour.

16. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

As I said earlier in this thread I think it's very important that every single pledge reward we know about is listed on our page if we have it as part of our pledge to make it clear what rewards we have and what ones we don't and clear up any further misunderstandings. I understand this takes time and resources to do but it would be nice to have it before launch for sure.

Tahru and fantalio like this.
  17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@dallas I know this was a tough decision for Portalarium, but it was definitely the right one. Your loyal customers will all thank you and appreciate that you guys conceded these items even though it may not have been your original intention do so. It's customer service like this that will build your reputation even further and keep us all coming back for more and continuing our support of SOTA!

I would like to personally thank everyone who investigated this situation and had a say in the outcome. I went from being excited to get my new items... to sad and upset that I would be missing out on some of them due to improper wording... to extremely ecstatic that I will because Portalarium did the right thing and understood how/why we believed the expired items were still available to pledges at Patron or above by August 31st, 2015.

I have not had a chance to login to the game to verify the items were all received, but I'll do that tonight when I get home. If anything is missing, I trust that it will be taken care of upon notification via support again.

Now that we got all of this resolved I would also like to do the right thing, as a show of appreciation for the Port Team and how they handled this situation. During my conversations with Michael in customer support, he added $25 store credit to my account as an apology for the misunderstanding. I have not used that credit and would like to give it back. Since I will be receiving the items that were missing, I don't think the extra $25 is warranted nor deserved. Please have Michael remove that from my account at his earliest convenience. I don't know of any way to do it myself or I would. :D

18. dallas

Appreciate the sentiment, Daxxe, but please keep the $25 store credit in payment for the disruption this has caused you. Feel free to gift it to a friend to help them get started in the game!

Alley Oop, Ice Queen, Mata and 6 others like this.
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Very well then @dallas . I'll find something to do with it. ;)

20. Pashta

Pashta Avatar

I don't quite understand how this works. What is the red section (in the spreadsheet)?

Edit: NM, I found the footnotes at the bottom. Darn it.. I completely misunderstood about the elderberry seeds, now I cannot get it, ever.. because I didn't pledge till mid-2014. :(

Thanks so much for the spreadsheets, it was very helpful!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.